Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi just received my Model Y last month. We are so excited. We are also looking forward to the new holiday update. My question is does the update get rolled out to all Tesla owners at once or some owners get them faster than others?

Hi just received my Model Y last month. We are so excited. We are also looking forward to the new holiday update. My question is does the update get rolled out to all Tesla owners at once or some owners get them faster than others?

Welcome to TMC.

The first update can take anywhere from 2-3 days, to 5-6 weeks. After that, the updates are still never released to all cars at once. You will read about some version or other of a software update, wait (im)patiently for it, sometimes weeks, then get some other version that is slightly newer than you read about.

You will also experience times when your car skips specific versions etc. Its not like a smartphone where everyone can just download everything at once.

Its one of those parts of ownership you just have to get used to, but after 4 years I can tell you I think its amazing that my 2018 model 3P has still gotten new features and has access to "most" of the things my wifes 2022 model Y does. Its been one of the joys of owning this car to me, even though sometimes you have to take things in the update you like along with things you dont.

Upvote 0
I got mine on Nov 28 with version 2022.40.200. About a week later, it updated to 2022.40.300.1. I was super excited when it updated because I heard it could take a long time and thought I had hit the lottery to get in the regular update schedule so quickly, but 300.1 is also a factory version. No sign on Teslafi or anyone being upgraded off of it yet either. Back to being patient.

Upvote 0
Does it show when you need to do an update? I just my MY Long range 12/29 and I am on version 2022.44.30.1 and it shows that I am up to date. How do I know when it is time for a software update??
You’re up to date. Can’t get much more recent except with FSD. I’m on 44.30. You can go to the Teslafi website to check out the recent releases.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Upvote 0
Installed this today. As with one previous update recently it erased all my driver profiles, zeroed out all trip information, erased Homelink settings, put all autopilot, safety features, acceleration mode, braking and stopping modes, and many others back to factory default settings. I spent 30 minutes resetting everything back to where I wanted it. So, not happy.

Upvote 0
Installed this today. As with one previous update recently it erased all my driver profiles,
It might be a good idea to create a cloud profile:

Upvote 0