Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Updated Needed - Contact Tesla Service !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning to an "Update Available" on the screen of my brand new 75D (just picked it up yesterday afternoon).
Thought it was a bit strange as I just had an update notice last night, which I ran, and it updated the software to 2.50.178.

I ran the update and either something went wrong, or it's not done yet? At first, I got this this error message on the gauge.

111.jpg

The main screen showed me "Update completed, checking status" for a while then it disappeared, however the dash message still remained. The clock icon however was still on the main screen, showing that there was still an update available, so I ran that update.

Now I have this error message on the dash and the "Update completed, checking status" on the main screen. It's been in this status for probably 15 minutes.

222.jpg

3333.jpg

Mine did this as well, but came out of it after the center screen rebooted on its own twice. Another thing I have not seen before were the headlights coming on and going off about 6 or 7 times during this "odd phase" after update install.

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me with my week-old S90D.

I was looking forward to the map update showing not just what "types" of resources are in the proximity of a SuperCharger, but specific listings (just like a $99 GPS navigator).. I'm not keen on dining at a 7-11.

• Funny
Reactions: KyleDay
(From an old old-timer), everything you've see so far is normal. Don't let these events alarm you. Yes, the dash displays a note that says contact Tesla (don't bother doing this). This will clear when the update is done. The main screen will display different info, black out and reboot sometimes more than once or twice. And its common for the A/C to start or stop, the radio to start and stop, the lights to come one and go off and the handles to present and retract. We've all experienced this and we haven't received a manual or note that told us what to expect, we've simply learned what to expect and can pass it on to new folks. Release notes routinely display the same info from the major update and seldom if ever show what every minor updates fix. Welcome to the family and the club :)

If you've not learned this already... When the countdown timer from 2:00 begins, you can hold your finger on the countdown numbers for 7-10 seconds and remove your fingers. The countdown will jump to 0 and begin. Nearly every time, when the update is done, the car will reboot and display the most recent release notes. Although the message says the update will take two hours, it seldom does. Minor updates generally take less than 20 minutes. I hope this helps.

Same thing happened to me this morning as well. Mine is only 6 days old and it's my first of everything! I was charging the battery as well, but I received a notification that charging was interupted. Is this also normal or am I doing something wrong? (also the first time I am charging)

Hold your finger for 10 seconds? Never seen that one. The real method to get it started (seen it done and done it many times):

When it says 2:00; tap three times on the timer. It will go to installing now and you are done!

Get out of the car. Walk away. Let the car lock itself. Stay away with your fob.

Do not touch anything for the 40-50 minutes it takes until your app TELLS you the software update is complete.

Then you can come back to the car, the release notes should be on the screen (if there are any).

Reactions: Duffer