TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Updated Needed - Contact Tesla Service !

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HX_Guy, Dec 24, 2016.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Woke up this morning to an "Update Available" on the screen of my brand new 75D (just picked it up yesterday afternoon).
    Thought it was a bit strange as I just had an update notice last night, which I ran, and it updated the software to 2.50.178.

I ran the update and either something went wrong, or it's not done yet? At first, I got this this error message on the gauge.

[​IMG]

The main screen showed me "Update completed, checking status" for a while then it disappeared, however the dash message still remained. The clock icon however was still on the main screen, showing that there was still an update available, so I ran that update.

Now I have this error message on the dash and the "Update completed, checking status" on the main screen. It's been in this status for probably 15 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gekkota

gekkota Member

Mine did this as well, but came out of it after the center screen rebooted on its own twice. Another thing I have not seen before were the headlights coming on and going off about 6 or 7 times during this "odd phase" after update install.

3. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Looks like I jumped the gun a little bit. :/

Went back out to the car and all is fine, new software version is 2.50.180. All the release notes are exactly the same as 2.50.114 & 2.50.178.

4. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

oh goodie, I got 2.50.178 yesterday when my car was delivered. I hope Elon's Elves are loading up the sleigh with EAP code so we have a merrier Christmas.....

5. Haxster

Haxster Member

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me with my week-old S90D.

I was looking forward to the map update showing not just what "types" of resources are in the proximity of a SuperCharger, but specific listings (just like a $99 GPS navigator).. I'm not keen on dining at a 7-11.

• Funny x 1
  6. Haxster

Haxster Member

I have to admit, for a brief moment my thoughts were, "Did I brick my new car? Have I created a 2 1/2 ton garage door-stop?"

Then the clicking sounds resumed, lights flickered, and before long, all was well again.

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

(From an old old-timer), everything you've see so far is normal. Don't let these events alarm you. Yes, the dash displays a note that says contact Tesla (don't bother doing this). This will clear when the update is done. The main screen will display different info, black out and reboot sometimes more than once or twice. And its common for the A/C to start or stop, the radio to start and stop, the lights to come one and go off and the handles to present and retract. We've all experienced this and we haven't received a manual or note that told us what to expect, we've simply learned what to expect and can pass it on to new folks. Release notes routinely display the same info from the major update and seldom if ever show what every minor updates fix. Welcome to the family and the club :)

If you've not learned this already... When the countdown timer from 2:00 begins, you can hold your finger on the countdown numbers for 7-10 seconds and remove your fingers. The countdown will jump to 0 and begin. Nearly every time, when the update is done, the car will reboot and display the most recent release notes. Although the message says the update will take two hours, it seldom does. Minor updates generally take less than 20 minutes. I hope this helps.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Thanks Akikiki, I was not aware of that shortcut to speed up the startup.

9. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Don't know about you guys, but after reading about and seeing some videos of the car getting updates, I will let the car countdown the 2:00 counter to start the updates....

After I am outside of the car a safe distance...:eek:;)

• Funny x 1