TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Solar City EV charging page

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by TEG, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mt2

mt2 Member

Wow! That's quiet a reference.

Hey, wait a minute...

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

SolSource Energy Acquired By SolarCity | socalTECH.com

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

4. gmontem

gmontem Model S P01707

It would be great if SolarCity can give a discount to Tesla Motors owners, or if Tesla Motors give vouchers good for a discount to their customers. :smile:

5. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

When I talked to Solar City, they were offering to install your Tesla HPC or NEMA 14-50 for free as part of the solar system. That's not much of a benefit (probably $300-1500 in cost depending on your situation). I didn't include the HPC itself.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to respond to me. A salesperson finally returned my repeated calls the week after another company installed my system. This was a year and a half ago so hopefully they are better now. I also wanted a micro inverter system which Solar City didn't offer because we have issues with trees casting shade on parts of the roof at certain times, and a regular solar system loses most power when even part of it is in shade. (Take this all with a grain of salt given that I know very little of what I speak--I'm just paraphrasing what I was told by multiple sales reps from different companies.)