Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Output - what does yours put out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - This is just a curiosity thread, finally got my system turned on and was wondering what other folks daily output was. I didnt see a thread on it.

Mine -

Central Jersey, 16.32 system, Clear sunny June day = 104kwh for the day, max of about 13.2kwh peak output.
Cloudy Day = 50-80kwh for the day.

What are others seeing? Also interesting what others in my area are seeing during other seasons.

Not sure why you downvoted the person who said that there is a lot of variables at play here, because there obviously are. This is similar to asking "I want to see what everyone pays for their car insurance, please post", with the added variable that not everyone is driving the same vehicle.

Hi All - This is just a curiosity thread, finally got my system turned on and was wondering what other folks daily output was. I didnt see a thread on it.

Mine -

Central Jersey, 16.32 system, Clear sunny June day = 104kwh for the day, max of about 13.2kwh peak output.
Cloudy Day = 50-80kwh for the day.

What are others seeing? Also interesting what others in my area are seeing during other seasons.
Central/North NJ - 12.2kW system (most panels on southern facing front roof, then equal panels on E/W roof, and 3 panels on the north facing portion). On a clear June day with full sun, max output was 80kw on 6/17. Our peak was limited (its typically 11kW after rain cleans the panels) but stays closer to 10kW when dusty. Cloudy days we could see anywhere from 25kW to 50kW. Ours was just installed in March, so I can't tell you what my winter looks like.

Not sure why you downvoted the person who said that there is a lot of variables at play here, because there obviously are. This is similar to asking "I want to see what everyone pays for their car insurance, please post", with the added variable that not everyone is driving the same vehicle.
yes sir, I was wondering the same thing. I'm missing the point of this thread.

I'm not "going for" anything. The post is simple and genuine, certainly not hard to understand. Just curious what others are seeing, no ulterior motives and I certainly understand the variables. Tesla uses Tshirt sizing now so it wil be easy to compare.

Thought it could be interesting to see what people are getting.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Thats the thing, no, it actually wont, because a system size of 8.1 on your home and one in the next neighborhood over wont perform the same, let alone one in the next town, city, state.

Holy mackerel - looks like the intent was completely lost to you, just a light hearted info sharing thread, nothing to serious. If you don't want to partake due to the possibility of variables ruining the scientific value, don't participate. Like I said - it was just meant for sharing experiences.

• Disagree
Reactions: skepticcyclist
Really? Whats hard to understand, just a thread discussing output of similar panel sizing. I'm sure if I was curious there would be others.
well yes, really. I think Spsheridan said it best, but seems you did not like that reply. I'm thinking that even if other people have similar system sizing, a comparison doesn't mean anything because of other variables like roof pitch, module orientation, module temperature in heat, module shading, efficiency, and probably some other things not coming to mind at the moment. Pretty much all the things that you didn't mention for comparison. However, I hope you get the information you are looking for :)

Reactions: FlyF4 and Electrph
Central/North NJ - 12.2kW system (most panels on southern facing front roof, then equal panels on E/W roof, and 3 panels on the north facing portion). On a clear June day with full sun, max output was 80kw on 6/17. Our peak was limited (its typically 11kW after rain cleans the panels) but stays closer to 10kW when dusty. Cloudy days we could see anywhere from 25kW to 50kW. Ours was just installed in March, so I can't tell you what my winter looks like.
confused, are some of your number kwh's, no kw's?