Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Inverter Monitoring Interval

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I have a SolarEdge SE10000. I have it connected to my home network using Ethernet. When I monitor my system at the SolarEdge website, it appears that the monitoring interval is 15 minutes apart. I thought that when connected to my network via Ethernet, I would have a much better granularity (5 minute intervals).

The documentation for the inverter discussed this issue for cellular connections, but I cannot seem to find a setting to decrease the interval when using Ethernet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes. I am pretty certain. I do not believe I even have the cell module installed. Tesla initially configured my system to use Zigbee but never gave me the SolarEdge Zigbee gateway, so nothing was getting to the SolarEdge monitoring platform.

I then opened up the inverter, plugged in an Ethernet cable, set up my network to give it the same internal IP address whenever using DHCP, and configured the inverter to use the LAN. This finally got the data flowing over to the SolarEdge monitoring platform. I am just seeing the interval of once every 15 mins.

Are you sure that it's using the lan connection for data? I had both a cell card and ethernet, I had to switch the data connection to ethernet for the higher speeds to take effect.

This is nothing to do with your LAN speed. If your monitoring your system via the API on the online Solar edge monitoring portal it is set at 15 minutes intervals.

I use pvoutput.org to load my data to and i have two inverters an SMA and a Solaredge, the pvoutput site can monitor my SMA inverter every 5 mins but the minimum it can can monitor the Solaredge is 15 minutes.

This is from the Solaredge monitoring instructions........

Site Power
Description: Return the site power measurements in 15 minutes resolution.
URL: /site/{siteId}/ power

Reactions: Pale_Rider
I have both my Powerwall gateway and my SolarEdge inverter connected with Ethernet. I can use the Tesla app to get the real-time information like you mention. The SolarEdge monitoring platform is superior for looking at historical data at this point. What I was hoping for was some way to get better granularity from the SolarEdge data than every 15 minutes.

If you have Powerwalls you will get real time data from the Solar, just make sure the Gateway is connected by ethernet or (like mine) wirelessly. It works really well.

I have both my Powerwall gateway and my SolarEdge inverter connected with Ethernet. I can use the Tesla app to get the real-time information like you mention. The SolarEdge monitoring platform is superior for looking at historical data at this point. What I was hoping for was some way to get better granularity from the SolarEdge data than every 15 minutes.

Not sure I 100% follow. If you mean that the 15 minute interval doesn't properly provide accurate data, I don't think that's true. The data is very accurate, it's just that it reports it only every 15 minutes. The Solaredge app isn't averaging data based on 15 minute intervals, it tracks the actual second by second production, but it's only reported to the app every 15 minutes. When I look at my panel layout for example it will report actual, very accurate daily/weekly/monthly production numbers.

Thanks. Will try to clarify. I am very pleased with the accuracy of the data. I just want my historical data to sample more than once every 15 minutes. When I go back to look at a historical date in the SolarEdge monitoring platform and look at the raw data there is only a sampling every 15 minutes. The accuracy itself looks great. Just want a point taken in that data every 5 minutes. The more data the better. :)

Not sure I 100% follow. If you mean that the 15 minute interval doesn't properly provide accurate data, I don't think that's true. The data is very accurate, it's just that it reports it only every 15 minutes. The Solaredge app isn't averaging data based on 15 minute intervals, it tracks the actual second by second production, but it's only reported to the app every 15 minutes. When I look at my panel layout for example it will report actual, very accurate daily/weekly/monthly production numbers.