Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solaredge inverter restarts in every 5 minutes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my solar panels activated 2 days back and noticed that the inverter restarts every 5 minutes. Right before it restarts it displays "DC voltage not safe! Do not disconnect!" message and then Pac goes down to zero.
Not sure if it is supposed to behave in that manner or if that is something dangerous for people/home (because of a possible short circuit). I'm even wondering if I should turn the system down till I can contact someone from Tesla.

Any one experienced this with your system or able to offer any insights? Added a snapshot in here as well. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190907-095945_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190907-095945_Video Player.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 190
I got my solar panels activated 2 days back and noticed that the inverter restarts every 5 minutes. Right before it restarts it displays "DC voltage not safe! Do not disconnect!" message and then Pac goes down to zero.
Not sure if it is supposed to behave in that manner or if that is something dangerous for people/home (because of a possible short circuit). I'm even wondering if I should turn the system down till I can contact someone from Tesla.

Any one experienced this with your system or able to offer any insights? Added a snapshot in here as well. Thank you!

If you open (turn off) the AC Disconnect the system is essentially inert. The optimizers go to 1v each if the inverter doesn't have power. Please update us on what the problem was.

If you open (turn off) the AC Disconnect the system is essentially inert. The optimizers go to 1v each if the inverter doesn't have power. Please update us on what the problem was.

Sure, will do soon I learn more. I could get Tesla's weekend support number and they raised a work order for someone to come and take a look, the earliest they would come would be sometime second half of next week.
Recommendation was to keep the system ON. I'm going to follow that assuming the system/inverter wouldn't be damaged because of all the restarts every 5 minutes. :)

You can try resetting it by turning the DC disconnect under the inverter to off and waiting until voltage is under 50v, then turn off the breaker in your panel the feeds the inverter. That should completely shutdown the inverter. Wait 5 minutes, turn the breaker back on, wait five minutes, then turn the DC switch back on. If you still see the same issue after that, you have an actual issue that Tesla needs to investigate.

What is the actual error message? The DC Voltage thing is just so people don’t mess with it, I was told. There should be a real cause message.

I’ve had isolation issues, a hardware failure message, an arc fault message...

And 10 days for services is a miracle. I usually get 6-8 weeks schedule until I call and raise a stink. Inverter hasn’t been up for more than 3 months in a year.

Maybe scheduling is a regional thing?

It also shouldn’t be doing 5 minute restarts. Mine always did an ever-increasing backoff countdown restart. I think the longest was over an hour countdown.