Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Gateway not communicating.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using an ethernet connection to my SolarEdge HDwave (setapp) inverter for years now and the inverter died recently. The instant that happened, Tesla sent me the automated message that they lost communication with my Inverter. Tesla says they cannot communicate with the inverter and I did not notice that the Zigbee "Monitoring Communication" in Setapp says "Not Connected". I disconnected the ethernet cable, powered down everything including the Inverter as they instructed, unplugged the Solar Gateway and powered everything back up but still not communicating. Under SolarEdge Setapp, Connection Info:
zigbee module: green check
configured as follower: green check
Associated to Zigbee Gateway: RED X.

The gateway was working on the day of installation of the entire system two years ago, but now this broken inverter and dead zigbee connection have me confused. I'm looking at screenshots I had of my inverter config under Setapp from last November and Zigbee (P2P Follower: Not Connected). I had not noticed because SolarEdge was working over ethernet and Tesla gets everything over the Powerwall Gateway. And Tesla didn't seem to notice squat till the inverter stopped producing.

But I cannot find anything on how to associate the SolarEdge Zigbee module to a Tesla Solar Gateway using Setapp. The Solar gateway has no pairing button. Any ideas?

I have same problem that my Tesla Solar Gateway(black box) is showing 'No Signal' and seems not connected to new SolarEdge, which has been replaced recently. Is there any way to make pair between SolarEdge Zigbee module to Tesla Gateway?

Sorry, no. The Tesla Gateway doesn't have ZigBee.

I think the tesla solar gateway they are talking about might have zigbee. Note that there are two different devices called "Tesla gateway"

1. Tesla solar gateway (little black box the size of a CD rom, that is used to connect tesla solar installs to tesla.
2. Tesla powerwall gateway (big grey electrical box, or slightly smaller mini powerwall 2 looking box) mounted on the wall and part of tesla powerwall installs, that performs electrical switching for tesla powerwall systems.

These posters appear to be talking about the first one.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
I think the tesla solar gateway they are talking about might have zigbee. Note that there are two different devices called "Tesla gateway"

1. Tesla solar gateway (little black box the size of a CD rom, that is used to connect tesla solar installs to tesla.
2. Tesla powerwall gateway (big grey electrical box, or slightly smaller mini powerwall 2 looking box) mounted on the wall and part of tesla powerwall installs, that performs electrical switching for tesla powerwall systems.

These posters appear to be talking about the first one.
Oops! My bad. Sorry for the confusion.