Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solaredge Optimizer Failed, Tesla say not covered under warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla installed Solaredge inverter/optimizers at the end of 2020. I mentioned to Tesla in 2022 that 1 of the optimizer failed but refused to acknowledge it. When my inverter failed in Oct 2023, it took Tesla 6 months to finally replace the inverter. When the tech couldn't pair the failed optimizer, they finally acknowledge the failure. Solaredge optimizers have a 25 year warranty but Tesla is saying that the optimizers are not cover by their warranty. Tesla is trying to issue me a home improvement agreement to replace the optimizer. Since Tesla still haven't produce the agreement, I don't know if they are trying to charge me for the optimizer or labor.

Did anyone have their Solaredge optimizer failed and replaced by Tesla? If so, was it cover under warranty or you had to pay for the repair?

What does your PV system agreement with Tesla say, regarding parts and labor?

The optimizer (part) should be under warranty. For that, Tesla needs to work with SolarEdge for a RMA and replacement part.

Labor however, depends on what you signed up for and your paperwork when you bought the system.