Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge (SE) tech support sucks, beware. (long thread)

I'm not convinced that SolarEdge support issues apply to everyone. No issues with me with systems on 3 homes. The last time I needed support was one month ago when a module optimizer went out during the high heat. I contacted them and they sent out a new one under warranty overnight FedEx and it was installed the next day. I suspect like every other company, there are going to be people that like them and people that don't. Best of luck with future issues.

SolarEdge told me that profiles will be configurable by the home homeowner this autumn. I have a battery and PV and the installer has gone AWOL. I finished the setup of the battery and some wiring myself with SolarEdge on WhatsApp.

As the installer has disappeared and I still owe them money I can’t get the system signed off.
That sounds like a positive move from SE. I know not having the ability to set your own charge/discharge profiles & having to rely on your installer has put a number of potential customers off purchasing SolarEdge (SE).
Incidentally, I’m still waiting for a warranty replacement inverter & currently no sign of one coming anytime soon. Obviously not impressed with SE support.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC