Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my TSLA in the pre-market today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold at $212.80. Now I can look back and see that at one point I was down $634,770 in just Tesla stock. I bailed with a $10,980 profit on the sale this morning.
Since I started trading in TSLA May 6, 2015 I've netted $120,997.
Now I'm a little gun shy about trading in TSLA.

I wouldn't have cleared the whole position, but would have laddered it out.

I considered doing this but after owning so long I wanted out.

I might have doubled down in the $150s or $160s as well. That's me.

I doubled down once. I started with 1,000 shares and added 1,000 share buys as it dropped, peaking out at 9,000 shares.

I just bought 1,000 shares at 206.00. Hopefully not so much drama this time.

Moderator's note:
This thread belongs in the Short-term Investors sub-forum; shortly it is likely to be moved over there. Am placing this note so the OP and others will know where to look for it if it disappears from this present venue.

I sold at $212.80. Now I can look back and see that at one point I was down $634,770 in just Tesla stock. I bailed with a $10,980 profit on the sale this morning.
Since I started trading in TSLA May 6, 2015 I've netted $120,997.
Now I'm a little gun shy about trading in TSLA.
Greg, I feel your pain, when TSLA was dropping fast, I lose 2 model Xs per day. Instead of feeling depressed, I used the opportunity to add more shares (I planned the adding before hand). I have studied Tesla thoroughly, I knew it would come out great. In your case, I don't think it's the best choice to stay completely out. If I were you I would set a target allocation, let's say $500k. First buy 25%. (Today it passed $220 that's a potential breakout.) If it drops a lot, add another 25%. In the long run, this is going to thousands. If you have zero position, at some (much higher) point, you are likely to jump in and take a lot of risk then. Another approach is to trade other stuff but closely watch Tesla. Buy heavily when it breaks all time high. Sell if it is a fake breakout.