Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solutions for air suspension full potential?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

Is there solution to basicly dumb out all the air to get car extreme low while maintaining the high settings as it is?

Lowering links etc.. makes all suspension settings lower, so I am not looking that

I would like to get it very low sometimes when parked and get it very high when need to drive some bad places

Thanks

There are a couple of options but they aren't cheap. TGK motorsport has a $500 dump box that you can hard wire in to the system. Alternatively, if you have the diagnostic cable and subscribe to toolbox, you can execute the service procedures to dump air out of the front and rear dampers without dumping the reservoir but that subscription is expensive. If you dump the reservoir you'll need a high pressure nitrogen system to refill it.

It would be cool if a company like Ingenext created a module that lets you execute those front and rear deflate service procedures without needed toolbox subscription.

If you own a plaid, with no modifications or money you can get most of the way there while parking but the rear doesn't get completely dropped like the front. Here is my car parked with no modifications and factory software. I'm still testing things out before I post details as I want to try to get the rear lower. I'm pretty certain this is a plaid only solution though. The car currently has 100lbs taken out of the back so I need to reinstall that as I may be able to get the rear even lower.
IMG_20230422_103054_01.jpg

There are a couple of options but they aren't cheap. TGK motorsport has a $500 dump box that you can hard wire in to the system. Alternatively, if you have the diagnostic cable and subscribe to toolbox, you can execute the service procedures to dump air out of the front and rear dampers without dumping the reservoir but that subscription is expensive. If you dump the reservoir you'll need a high pressure nitrogen system to refill it.

It would be cool if a company like Ingenext created a module that lets you execute those front and rear deflate service procedures without needed toolbox subscription.

If you own a plaid, with no modifications or money you can get most of the way there while parking but the rear doesn't get completely dropped like the front. Here is my car parked with no modifications and factory software. I'm still testing things out before I post details as I want to try to get the rear lower. I'm pretty certain this is a plaid only solution though. The car currently has 100lbs taken out of the back so I need to reinstall that as I may be able to get the rear even lower.
View attachment 936780

Ok thanks, so first option is TGK dumb box $500

If I understood correctly:
-With this you cannot adjust riding levels at all
-You need to park the car, turn jack mode on and then you can dumb air out from dambers
-This one doesn't dumb air out from reservor, so after you turn jack mode off, the car will refill dambers back to normal and you are good to go

Toolbox isn't really option, because it costs like 10k+subscription or something

Reactions: xEvoLveDx
I actually found 2 another solutions

Cete lowering module

And AK-racing-47 lowering module

Any experiences?

View attachment 936780
Is that your standard low setting or did you have to do something else to get the front that low?

Is that your standard low setting or did you have to do something else to get the front that low?
It's just a procedure/trick I figured out to give you that front slammed look while parked... you can do this on a stock plaid:

1. (This is an optional step) Put the car in track mode and drive a few feet or more...you'll notice with the suspension in low will actually get down to around -12 to -16mm (slightly lower than non track mode). Then turn off track mode.
2. Put car in drag strip mode, then get in full cheetah stance launch ready (front end fully slammed).
3. While ready to launch, click service menu page then turn on 'jack mode'. This prevents the air suspension from adjusting automatically.
4. Release accelerator pedal to exit launch mode and turn off drag strip mode so the fans don't stay running. Put the car in park and it will maintain full cheetah stance position because you are in 'jack mode'.

Before you drive again, remember to turn of 'jack mode' and the car will automatically raise air suspension back to normal.

It's just a procedure/trick I figured out to give you that front slammed look while parked... you can do this on a stock plaid:

1. (This is an optional step) Put the car in track mode and drive a few feet or more...you'll notice with the suspension in low will actually get down to around -12 to -16mm (slightly lower than non track mode). Then turn off track mode.
2. Put car in drag strip mode, then get in full cheetah stance launch ready (front end fully slammed).
3. While ready to launch, click service menu page then turn on 'jack mode'. This prevents the air suspension from adjusting automatically.
4. Release accelerator pedal to exit launch mode and turn off drag strip mode so the fans don't stay running. Put the car in park and it will maintain full cheetah stance position because you are in 'jack mode'.

Before you drive again, remember to turn of 'jack mode' and the car will automatically raise air suspension back to normal.
that is one helluva workaround.

I actually found 2 another solutions

Cete lowering module

And AK-racing-47 lowering module

Any experiences?
These look promising. The CETE unit says compatible with cars from 2016-2020. The AK unit doesn’t specify years.

I’d love to be able to define the factory suspension settings like Low, Medium, High, and Very High.

• Informative
Reactions: Klyde99