Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess there’s no rhyme or reason as to how VINs are assigned based on build date. I was assigned VIN 355XXX on 1/7 with a build date of 1/6. Multiple SA’s confirmed I have the AMD chip + new battery; however, I have yet to pick up the car. Seems like it’s based on build date.
When you say "new battery". does it mean the new 4860 battery? or just the new 12V battery?

I just got assigned a VIN 357xxx. Hope it has the new ADM as well 🤞🏼

Reactions: crispiminis
Sorry guys, been too busy playing with the car to respond.

I did not buy FSD
No tow hitch
Set up is MYLR white w black interior and upgraded wheels
No double rear windows
VIN is 354 and last 3 digits are smaller than 250
Car build date was 1/9/22
I’m in SF and super close to the plant. Originally delivery was tomorrow but they called and said I can pick up today myself

AD said that all the 3s and Ys he’s getting since yesterday has had the AMD. Good luck to everyone that’s taking delivery soon!
Did you pick up at the Colma location? That will probably be my pick up center as well. I don't have a VIN yet but expecting to get one in the coming days I think!! Hopefully it's true that all Model Y will have AMD from now on.

Reactions: crispiminis
When you say "new battery". does it mean the new 4860 battery? or just the new 12V battery?

I just got assigned a VIN 357xxx. Hope it has the new ADM as well 🤞🏼
Sorry I did not clarify. The new 12v lithium ion battery. Good luck! I’m sure you’ll get it. It seems like build dates after a certain date will get them. According to an SA I spoke with, he said that my car was built on 1/6 and “definitely has the AMD”

Sorry I did not clarify. The new 12v lithium ion battery. Good luck! I’m sure you’ll get it. It seems like build dates after a certain date will get them. According to an SA I spoke with, he said that my car was built on 1/6 and “definitely has the AMD”
Really hope what your SA informed was true, I have a 1/6 build according to my SA, and they told me it has an intel chip. Will be taking delivery on 1/12. Maybe I will be the "luckiest" one that gets the last Intel Atom on all Model Y 😆.

He told me he can’t see that info just build date???
My SA told me the build date and said he thought it had the new chip. He then said let me confirm with the service team. He came back 20 mins later and said it had Intel. So apparently he couldn’t check but the techs could? Which makes sense as they would need to know for parts ordering and such.

Reactions: DrGriz and Hvnleigh
Today my SA checked. I’m 3554xx built on 1/4 and I have Intel. Another data point but I would definitely push them to confirm not assume.
I’m assuming I will have the intel as well, 1-4-22 build date. It would be nice to get the AMD but it’s my first Tesla so I’m just going to be happy to get it! 🥰