Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some advice and opinions please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I read the article about 1,200 Model 3s arriving in NSW (thanks to info from Vedaprime).

I would like to get a Model SR3LR after September 1 when the NSW Stamp Duty exemption cuts in.

Of course, I realise that at the moment, it does not quite make the price level but I am hoping Tesla decides to cut the price by the small amount required to squeeze under the LCT limit.

We already have an EV (Renault Zoe, 3years old) which I use around town (it is fantastic for that) and the Model 3 will be largely for interstate and country trips which are somewhat tiresome by Zoe. My timeframe is flexible.

So, to my questions:

1. Does anyone (Vedaprime?) know how many , if any, LRs are in Australia waiting to be sold?

2. If Tesla does not drop the LR price I'm not sure whether to go for the standard 3 (with the rebate and stamp duty) and put up with the slightly restricted range which will reduce over time or just wait for another year or so for a LR price drop or M3 with increased range or a Kia or Ioniq. Thoughts people? I have a perfectly good (apart from it being an ICE) turbo diesel Peugeot 508 which is fantastic for long trips and just as economical as a SR3+ using Superchargers. However, not the best environmental choice.

3. Suggestions for how to manage the ordering system? I do not mind blowing the small deposit if LR price reductions do not come about. Or should I wait until September 1 and see what happens, THEN place an order?

Any thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Regards,
Dave

Wow, thank you, that's fantastic. Just checked and it looks excellent with that reduction and the allied reduction in LCT and projected removal of Stamp Duty.

So, does anyone know if I can order now (to get in the queue) but specify I want it after September 1 so that I get the Stamp Duty off?

Thanks,
Dave

does anyone know if I can order now (to get in the queue) but specify I want it after September 1 so that I get the Stamp Duty off?
I rang the sales number and spoke to a rep last week to ask this. He took a not of my email and rang me back after the order to confirm he was noting not to deliver until 1st September. I need to ring him on Monday to change my SR+ order into a LR, due to the price drop!

Here's what I did:

a. Got on the chat to Tesla (on the ordering page) and he confirmed what to do.

b. Made a reservation and paid the deposit and filled out the rego and other details in my Tesla account.

c. Next day (Sunday) got on the chat and quoted the order number and asked for delivery September 1 or later. They logged this and said no problem and my advisor would be in touch.

d. 10 minutes later my new Advisor rang and introduced himself and also sent through the Service NSW documents to fill out and electronically sign (whereupon it goes automatically to a Tesla server). This for registration.

Advisor confirmed they are getting HEAPS of orders from NSW, all for September 1 onward (no surprises there).

So, I'm happy with that and will accept whatever delivery date comes out of the mix. It would be interesting to know the product mix in the 1200 vehicles which just arrived in NSW.

Regds,
Dave