Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some new “electronic” issues since update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2 month old M3P and haven’t had too many issues.

Updated to 2020.8.1 this week and have experienced some weird issues I never had before...not sure if related to update or just coincidence started after.

- Car fully charged, left garage...noticed my turn signals would not work. Left, right nothing...didn’t show on screen or anything. Also noticed when I regen to a stop, screen would not show “H” for hold...always D for drive even at full stop. Did a reset (held scroll wheels for 15sec)...and both issues solved.

- Same day after, came back to garage, plugged in for few hours to top up. Went back out and car wouldn’t wake up...couldn’t pull charger out...wouldn’t release even if I pushed button on wand...had to open doors...then screen woke up and would allow me to pull charger out.

anyone else experience anything like that?

In my 15 months of ownership I did have a period of 2 weeks or so when I had more electronic bugs than the entirety of the rest of my ownership so far. I don’t know exactly what went wrong or what fixed it but it worked itself out and has been fine ever since. I did a few resets during the problem period but I’m sure moving to the next firmware did the most good.

You may be able to get Tesla to hard push the firmware to your car again.

Reactions: IDag
- Same day after, came back to garage, plugged in for few hours to top up. Went back out and car wouldn’t wake up...couldn’t pull charger out...wouldn’t release even if I pushed button on wand...had to open doors...then screen woke up and would allow me to pull charger out.

Can't comment on your bugs, but every owner should know how to manually release the charging cable:

I hope you reported these to Tesla directly before you came on here. I assume some other people also had issues because it seems they haven’t wide released 8.1 yet. It’s possible the new update could be causing these inconsistencies, or it’s just a coincidence. If a quick reset solves the issues I’d wait for the new update to ensure it’s just software and if it continues contact service centre. Whenever I had issues after an update they told me next version fixes it and to wait.

Thanks to all!

Did not know about the manual release, so very good to know! Been couple days and issues have not returned since the scroll wheel reset.

I did not do a service appt with Tesla as I was able to resolve on my own, more curious if others had experienced same thing.

Is there a way to report to Tesla without booking a service appt? Just in terms of helping improve the software, would be good to be able to do a "bug report" so they can pull the logs from the car in case it can help in future, but dont need a service tech to come to my home if its resolved by doing a reset.

Thanks again for the responses!

I've noticed a delay before the center display comes on after 2020.8.1. Prior to the update, the screen would come on as soon as I opened the door. I've read other owners have had this prior to the 2020.8.1 update though...

With voice you can say report bug or bug report can't remember.... Then state the problem.

Thanks to all!

Did not know about the manual release, so very good to know! Been couple days and issues have not returned since the scroll wheel reset.

I did not do a service appt with Tesla as I was able to resolve on my own, more curious if others had experienced same thing.

Is there a way to report to Tesla without booking a service appt? Just in terms of helping improve the software, would be good to be able to do a "bug report" so they can pull the logs from the car in case it can help in future, but dont need a service tech to come to my home if its resolved by doing a reset.

Thanks again for the responses!