Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Positive Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 12.4 solar panel system with 2 powerwalls on order with an install date some time in the next month or so. I confess that I did not do due diligence - no comparison shopping. I've tried to educate myself by reading this board but 90% of it goes right over my head. I've got enough confidence in Tesla, less confidence in myself.

Yesterday I talked with the electrician that will be installing the wall charger for the Model Y that should arrive a few weeks after the solar is in. I used the link on the Tesla site to find him. He has done many wall charger installs, commenting that it is a good small job to fill in time. But his primary work is with solar installations - not Tesla, but some others. He is quite familiar with Tesla's solar systems and it was good to hear him say they are good quality. His only reservation was the way they are physically attached to the roof, if I understood him correctly. Just not the way he prefers.

Fingers are still crossed, of course, but the outlook is positive all around. :cool:

I have a 12.4 solar panel system with 2 powerwalls on order with an install date some time in the next month or so. I confess that I did not do due diligence - no comparison shopping. I've tried to educate myself by reading this board but 90% of it goes right over my head. I've got enough confidence in Tesla, less confidence in myself.

Yesterday I talked with the electrician that will be installing the wall charger for the Model Y that should arrive a few weeks after the solar is in. I used the link on the Tesla site to find him. He has done many wall charger installs, commenting that it is a good small job to fill in time. But his primary work is with solar installations - not Tesla, but some others. He is quite familiar with Tesla's solar systems and it was good to hear him say they are good quality. His only reservation was the way they are physically attached to the roof, if I understood him correctly. Just not the way he prefers.

Fingers are still crossed, of course, but the outlook is positive all around. :cool:
Sorry to be a party pooper but I think the negative experience with Tesla is generally around its horrendous customer service and communication, not the quality of the product. in any case, good luck!