Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somebody Help! My salvage car is unusable at present

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.Long story short, I bought a 2015 model S about 18 months ago that I thought was a clean title, but actually is a salvage.

It has been running 2019.16.11 and with new update all of the connectivity features are gone. It was already having a radar calibration issue.

I really* need access to the supercharger network because we live in the country and drive distances to do anything...

The software was running on the server of tesla hacker here in the bay area, but I have been unable to get hold of him to review my options.

Can somebody recommend someone in the Bay area to help us out?

Issues to be fixed include (some may be related)
- software update to a version that will allow the connectivity features to return
- Radar needs calibration to enable auto pilot and convenience features to work
- Front passengers seat is not going back (the car wash guys moved it all the way forward and not it wont go back!)\

Any help is greatly appreciated

Also if anyone is interested in buying it from me, I would be happy to sell it.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having! I hope you are able to get in touch with the person and they are able to sort it out. Personally, I would not recommend using such a service as these kinds of issues are likely to arise…I’m not sure if you are incurring a monthly charge on this as well? There are a lot of resources on this forum from super smart folks who are able to sort out access to the same internals that the service is likely charging you for…so I would definitely recommend searching here! For the radar calibration I would recommend reading this thread… and instructions from @rooter:

All those guys are super smart and helpful…you will need a 3.5mm small hex socket bit…you can get a set from amz or even walmrt…I was able to do it myself after following the instructions there….you can PM me if you need help with it.

Good luck!