Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I bought a Model Y long range 2024 1 week ago. While I was at the car wash, the woman behind me crashed into my car. There are scratches on my rear bumper and my paint is very slightly damaged. I filed a claim through Tesla, but Tesla did not ask for the information of the woman who hit me. Will this affect my insurance? What path should I follow? I'm waiting for your advice.

IMG_4077.png

Upvote 0
I don't have Tesla Insurance; I chose a different provider. In my experience, the insurance company handles the paperwork. They will request that the car be taken to their authorized body shop for repairs. Damage to a Tesla is treated the same as any other vehicle, with no particular complications. If you are not at fault, your insurance rates should not increase. The insurance company will seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver's insurer, which may result in their premiums increasing, not yours. In a similar situation, my insurance rates remained unchanged even after being involved in two separate accidents.

• Helpful
Reactions: SalisburySam
Upvote 0