Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source for basic rear sway bar links?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm soon adding stock performance sway bars to my RWD model 3. Has anyone found a cheap source for a specific or universal set of sway bar links that work for the rear end? Or at least have the general specs for length and thread size for the stock ones. Thanks

Right I totally don't disagree with the fact of doing it correctly and getting at least stock tesla links, it's just slightly annoying when that still costs more than the entire rest of the bars combined. But yes still worth for safety and possible issues of a cheap link

How much are the stock links? Don't go only by ebay prices- I find stuff direct from Tesla cheaper than ebay all the time.
You can find aftermarket endlinks that will fit. Eibach has a set for $150. Whiteline has a set too. 10mm. More info here:

Reactions: tm1v2
For cheap (cost and to some degree quality) endlinks look no further than RockAuto:

Evannex has also recently started selling Meyle OEM+ HD endlinks (mixed reviews for other makes/models across the interweb), which seem much better than the generics from Rockauto, Amazon, Aliexpress/Alibaba and possibly better than stock, especially for thicker FSBs/RSBs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-200639_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-200639_Edge.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 121
Get a quote for endlinks directly from Tesla before considering RockAuto parts or inflated eBay prices for OEM.

As @gearchruncher said, Tesla part prices are often very reasonable. eBay prices of Tesla OEM parts are often wildly inflated, you may find that brand new direct from Tesla is much cheaper.

When you do get a quote from Tesla, share the pre-tax price here!

Reactions: emotiveeng
Tried multiple times this week to talk to my closest dealer with no luck. Called multiple times trying to reach the parts department and each time it was voice-mail, saying to reach them by email. When I tried that, I got an auto reply saying I was not allowed to email that recipient because I'm not in their business group. Picked up the bars today. Ended up buying a kit with oem looking links and bolts from Dinan for 80 shipped

Tried multiple times this week to talk to my closest dealer with no luck. Called multiple times trying to reach the parts department and each time it was voice-mail, saying to reach them by email. When I tried that, I got an auto reply saying I was not allowed to email that recipient because I'm not in their business group. Picked up the bars today. Ended up buying a kit with oem looking links and bolts from Dinan for 80 shipped
@carbonzhp You'll probably never get a parts quote over the phone. File a service request in the app, "Other" category. In the description say you just want to buy parts and give the part numbers. They'll send you an invoice with the prices, just like a service estimate invoice. If you approve it they'll go ahead and order the parts.

Reactions: superflyrolla