Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just quoted by a shop that was willing to give a group discount.
Please see a couple options below:

Option one: 3M Clear Wrap 4mil Film (Full Tesla 3 Wrap) = $3500

Option two: 3M Clear Wrap 4mil Film (Front Bumper and Hood Only) = $600

If you have more than 5 customers Mike can adjust the pricing on the full wraps only to $3000.

I'm just not sure how to feel about the 3m as PPF, although it's probably fine considering it's approximately $1000 cheaper than sunktek and Xpel. Any thoughts?

I was just quoted by a shop that was willing to give a group discount.
Please see a couple options below:

Option one: 3M Clear Wrap 4mil Film (Full Tesla 3 Wrap) = $3500

Option two: 3M Clear Wrap 4mil Film (Front Bumper and Hood Only) = $600

If you have more than 5 customers Mike can adjust the pricing on the full wraps only to $3000.

I'm just not sure how to feel about the 3m as PPF, although it's probably fine considering it's approximately $1000 cheaper than sunktek and Xpel. Any thoughts?

3M = good durability. high orange peel. More difficult to work with from installer point of view. May effect quality of install. Probably effects how well its wrapped in areas and frequency of finding chicken skin. Xpel has less orange peel. Durability is good. Suntek has low orange peel and better clarity than Xpel. Maybe less durability. For a darker car, I'd go Suntek > Xpel > 3m. For a lighter car, I'd go Xpel > Suntek > 3m.

TIntdude.com forums have a lot of good info.

If you go to the other group buy in LA, that one says its edge wrapped, that one has seams as well. The LBTESLA one @ $1600 is probably edgewrapped and custom cut from 1 piece, but that's unverified.

I can confirm that the LA group buy is custom wrapped from a single sheet, all the way to the edge if not tucked over and folded depending on the area. Most people have commented that they can barely see the wrap on the edges.

3M = good durability. high orange peel. More difficult to work with from installer point of view. May effect quality of install. Probably effects how well its wrapped in areas and frequency of finding chicken skin. Xpel has less orange peel. Durability is good. Suntek has low orange peel and better clarity than Xpel. Maybe less durability. For a darker car, I'd go Suntek > Xpel > 3m. For a lighter car, I'd go Xpel > Suntek > 3m.

TIntdude.com forums have a lot of good info.
From what I read that 3m isnt as good, but I figured it might be a good deal if you can entire car wrapped at 3k

Last edited:
I'm going with Xpel Stealth and installed by Ultimate Shield in Orange, CA. I have talked to Sean and visited the shop multiple times. Every time I visit he's always busy working on very high end cars, but always has the time to speak and answer my questions. Oh and the shop? It's amazing. Very clean and organized and well decorated. I think that shows some insight to the person and company this is.

Reactions: ockevin
I'm going with Xpel Stealth and installed by Ultimate Shield in Orange, CA. I have talked to Sean and visited the shop multiple times. Every time I visit he's always busy working on very high end cars, but always has the time to speak and answer my questions. Oh and the shop? It's amazing. Very clean and organized and well decorated. I think that shows some insight to the person and company this is.

Can confirm he does outstanding work. He did my X 2 years ago and it still looks awesome. Might be a little pricier, but his work is definitely worth it.

Price?

Got my car back, done with tint and chrome delete. Overall pretty happy with the results. There are some tiny spec of dust on some of the tint and i'm going to attribute that to it's not possible to get it dust free and i should have tinted my windows when i got the car about 5 months ago. Chrome delete looks good, though there are some minor chrome flash if you look at an angle in direct sunlight. The Trim was done perfectly, some of the handles were perfect, there were 2 where there was a little baggage and some interior chrome showing.

Jesse has been amazing to work with and very professional. He knows his stuff and if you're having any issues or concerns he will address them for you.

Otherwise for the groupbuy price it was outstanding. If anything 100% get your tint done here.

Last edited:
Got my car back, done with tint and chrome delete. Overall pretty happy with the results. There are some tiny spec of dust on some of the tint and i'm going to attribute that to it's not possible to get it dust free and i should have tinted my windows when i got the car about 5 months ago. Chrome delete looks good, though there are some minor chrome flash if you look at an angle in direct sunlight. The Trim was done perfectly, some of the handles were perfect, there were 2 where there was a little baggage and some interior chrome showing.

Jesse has been amazing to work with and very professional. He knows his stuff and if you're having any issues or concerns he will address them for you.

Otherwise for the groupbuy price it was outstanding. If anything 100% get your tint done here.

pics? and the chrome delete, is it for all below?

- Front hood emblem
- Side window trims
- Mirror bases
- 4 door handles
- Rear tesla emblem

There shouldn't be ANY spec of dust on the tint if they cleaned the windows. Also there shouldn't be any chrome showing either if it was tucked or wrap (like door handles).

Whoa...could you please send pics of the chrome delete. I'm getting chrome delete from them as well and, while Jesse has been good to work with so far, this doesn't sound ideal. You really shouldn't have any chrome showing. Did they wrap the entire door handles and did they wrap the entire front & rear Tesla emblems? Thanks!

Whoa...could you please send pics of the chrome delete. I'm getting chrome delete from them as well and, while Jesse has been good to work with so far, this doesn't sound ideal. You really shouldn't have any chrome showing. Did they wrap the entire door handles and did they wrap the entire front & rear Tesla emblems? Thanks!

I may have had somewhat better results yesterday. There are two almost invisible chrome lines showing around the side camera chrome delete, but you have to be at just the right angle to see them. Otherwise, the tint and chrome delete were fantastic. The last shot took some work to get as it has the angle just right to show the small area that chrome may show through. If you move a few degrees, you will not see it. i am confident that if I ask Jesse to work on it some more, he will certainly do so. Just check all the other areas though - this is great work.

Yes, the door handles are wrapped, and yes you will feel a seam. There is no way to wrap the entire handle without a seam.

No, they did not do the emblems. The strongly recommend paint or another process (plasti-dip?) as they have seen too many issues with wrapping the emblems - not to mention that it takes hours and they would have to charge much more for it.

Jesse and crew are great to work with and take their job seriously. The were working on three Model 3s when i was there and have a bunch more to come. How many shops have a Tesla front windshield sitting loose in their shop so they can cut and shape the film before installation? Their rear glass is on order. They are committed to doing this right.

The tint looks great. I had no hazing or issues driving home after dark. today it looks even better, and the difference in the interior heat is amazing. I went with 70% on the windshield and front sunroof, 40% elsewhere.

Let's see if I can upload photos:
B4 rear.jpg
B4 front.jpg
after rear.jpg
After front.jpg
After front 2.jpg
After side detail.jpg

I may have had somewhat better results yesterday. There are two almost invisible chrome lines showing around the side camera chrome delete, but you have to be at just the right angle to see them. Otherwise, the tint and chrome delete were fantastic. The last shot took some work to get as it has the angle just right to show the small area that chrome may show through. If you move a few degrees, you will not see it. i am confident that if I ask Jesse to work on it some more, he will certainly do so. Just check all the other areas though - this is great work.

Yes, the door handles are wrapped, and yes you will feel a seam. There is no way to wrap the entire handle without a seam.

No, they did not do the emblems. The strongly recommend paint or another process (plasti-dip?) as they have seen too many issues with wrapping the emblems - not to mention that it takes hours and they would have to charge much more for it.

Jesse and crew are great to work with and take their job seriously. The were working on three Model 3s when i was there and have a bunch more to come. How many shops have a Tesla front windshield sitting loose in their shop so they can cut and shape the film before installation? Their rear glass is on order. They are committed to doing this right.

The tint looks great. I had no hazing or issues driving home after dark. today it looks even better, and the difference in the interior heat is amazing. I went with 70% on the windshield and front sunroof, 40% elsewhere.

Let's see if I can upload photos:View attachment 334718 View attachment 334719 View attachment 334720 View attachment 334721 View attachment 334722 View attachment 334723

I think i saw your m3 yesterday or this morning

Here the google drive with the picture of the Delete/Tint Spec (Sorry for the dusty car, i just had it cleaned and tinted and when i got home to park the apartment maintenance was cutting grass and blew the dust/etc all over :( )

The red circle denote either the chrome that shows at an angle. The windshield is the crease in the film and the dust/particle stuck

Tint_Delete - Google Drive

@medx @b0n3z

• Helpful
Reactions: tracksyde