Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - 10th Reuse - Iridium Next 41-50 - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^^ Another thread, perhaps? While I love a great discussion on this, that's not the point of this thread.

As far as Iridium, I believe they should be pleased they get bonus advertising and recognition simply because they chose SpaceX as their transit provider. I even watched their propaganda video and walked away impressed that they analogized computer devices to Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and 2. Maybe that was the wrong message to take :D

Reactions: Grendal
The live stream is up on the SpaceX YouTube channel.

So no first stage recuperation today?

- Does the ASDS JRTI was not available?

- So why wasting those costly titanium (?) hypersonic grid fins and retractable landing legs?

- Any news about the "Optimus Prime" Roomba robot future usage status?

2018 03 30 SpaceX .jpg

So no first stage recuperation today?

- Does the ASDS JRTI was not available?

- So why wasting those costly titanium (?) hypersonic grid fins and retractable landing legs?

- Any news about the "Optimus Prime" Roomba robot future usage status?

View attachment 290534

It was a second use block 4 rocket, those don't typically get a third flight. Fins would be aluminium, otherwise they would land 1st stage just to recover them. Legs and fins attached to keep same aerodynamic profile and do practice landing on ocean.

It was a second use block 4 rocket, those don't typically get a third flight.
Fins would be aluminium, otherwise they would land 1st stage just to recover them.
Legs and fins attached to keep same aerodynamic profile and do practice landing on ocean.
"Block 4"... looks "passé !!!"

Don't the European Space Agency used recently some decommissioned Russia 1980's boosters, pre-SpaceX ?

Modified Russian missile boosts Europe’s newest environmental sentinel to space – Spaceflight Now

SS-19 (Stiletto) | Missile Threat

Reactions: mongo