Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - CSG-2 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The angle of the footage of the stage separation makes me think it may have been taken from an aircraft instead of from the ground. There was a shot that appeared to be from the ground just before main engine cutoff and the image was dominated by the main engine plume.
I think the angle you refer to is just showing the curvature of the Earth.

Usually the vehicle is flying away from land—this time it was basically flying down the coast at much closer range to land based cameras.

Yes, plus the sun angle was in the goldilocks zone for grabbing those visuals. Sunset had occurred just 10 minutes prior. With ground cameras shooting from the shadows, the vehicle trajectory appeared to remain in direct sunlight well past MECO.

Yes, plus the sun angle was in the goldilocks zone for grabbing those visuals. Sunset had occurred just 10 minutes prior. With ground cameras shooting from the shadows, the vehicle trajectory appeared to remain in direct sunlight well past MECO.
Exactly why we got great clear visuals.

Again I wish the camera followed the first stage from separation to landing. Onboard cameras don't give the same perspective.

That was a lot of cold gas thrusters in use. During the live broadcast I wondered if one of the grid fins was misbehaving. Didn’t look like it was responding well. If so, the gas thrusters might have saved the day.