Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Iridium Next 56-65 - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All 10 Iridium satellites have been released, no word yet on the success of a Model 3 delivery just outside New Mexico.
I'm resisting the urge to go check in on @Grendal as the delivery center is only a few miles away from me.

Thanks for the concern. The delivery did have an incident. Happily, not a RUD though. Just last minute flight delays (due to weather conditions) and so I received the car one day later than planned. The secondary launch window was successful. The Denver Tesla delivery team was very accommodating. What an amazing car. Thanks for asking. :)

I was able to watch the launch. Though I had to watch it on my phone while being a guest in my step-niece and nephews home. My step niece works for ULA. So I had to keep my cheering for SpaceX on the down low. :cool:

When is the Space X internet going to come? I am ready to switch my phone plan.

Elon was asked a similar question during the last Tesla conference call (reporter asked if the satellite network could be used for Tesla cars) and he poured cold water on that idea. He said the antenna was going to be too big for a car and implied that the market they are going after is fixed terrestrial. So, no cell phone replacement...