Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare Mobile Connector a waste?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct Henry, Tesla does sell adapters to work with the 110v side of things, the NEMA 5-15 adapter they sell proves it'll work properly (correct pilot signal). Great, I'll just carry the UMC with me on trips and proper CAMCO adapters. Will run a verification test at home before I do, always a good thing to make sure the adapters play nice.

chart-2_grande.jpg

You could easily stash the UMC behind the driver's seat, but possibly you have stuff back there too?

I don't know about you but I have a large battery behind my driver's seat. Your legs must be shorter than mine. I've often suggested storing your CAN adapter in-between the seat backs and at least one person has told me that doesn't work because it falls down behind the seat. So perhaps if your seat is pulled up far enough you can store the UMC there.

I stand 6' and have long legs. Thing is you don't have to roll the whole UMC up in bulk. It is rather weavable. UMC control box isn't big, nor is the plug end, the width of the wire isn't all that wide either. You also can stow your soft top across the back of the seats as well. Actually both the UMC and soft top can be placed behind the seats at the same time. There's plenty of useful space back there if you think outside the box. I also keep my full roadside medical kit back there. I may relocate my aluminum scissor jack back there as well, its only used in emergencies and takes trunk space.

As for putting the CAN behind the seat, that does not work. Anything small falls down. The UMC you can grab any part of it, its not like pulling coins out of your sofa which small objects like the CAN become back there out of reach. What I do is that I put the CAN in a small gunny sack, has my hat for the sun and other little essentials then stick it in between the space of the passenger/driver seat. It does not fall away into a dark black hole and is accessible within reach while seated.

Here's a video of the soft top going back there:

Last edited by a moderator: