Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: Could be Elon be forced out as CEO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, I think it’s time for someone to worry about all the financial stuff and he can just focus on the vision and products
He certainly needs some help, but the worst decisions he's making lately are his public statements (tweets) - not really his financial decisions. I keep thinking this today: he said the Model 3 was a "bet the company decision" - and that he wouldn't bet the company again. Yet - it seems he bet the company with that single $420 going private tweet. Not good.

Do you think "Not-a-CEO" Musk would bring a sleeping bag to the factory floor to push M3 production?
Wasn't Musk pals with Trump while sitting on his advisory committee? Trump pardon!
I agree with you. It's not likely anyone else will have the same passion he does for the company, the product, or the journey. Never heard of another CEO staying on site for days at a time to fix problems way below their pay grade.

Never heard of another CEO staying on site for days at a time to fix problems way below their pay grade.

It is pretty common in Technology companies to have CEOs who are technically savvy, and who pitch in to help solve the difficult problems. I do not buy the "way below their pay grade" characterization. It was mission critical to Tesla to scale up production of the Model 3 (and solve battery production bottlenecks in the process). All hands on deck.

The question I would love to have answered by a Tesla insider: Is Musk an innovative, problem-solving help in these challenging situations? Or is he an aggravation and a distraction to the people who are solving the problems? Or maybe both!?!?

And that's not just a question about Musk... I spent decades as a "hands on" senior exec in technology businesses. Always thought I was bringing crucial value to the party when I dove into a problem and helped people get "unstuck". But maybe that was just my perspective.

It is pretty common in Technology companies to have CEOs who are technically savvy, and who pitch in to help solve the difficult problems. I do not buy the "way below their pay grade" characterization. It was mission critical to Tesla to scale up production of the Model 3 (and solve battery production bottlenecks in the process). All hands on deck.

The question I would love to have answered by a Tesla insider: Is Musk an innovative, problem-solving help in these challenging situations? Or is he an aggravation and a distraction to the people who are solving the problems? Or maybe both!?!?

And that's not just a question about Musk... I spent decades as a "hands on" senior exec in technology businesses. Always thought I was bringing crucial value to the party when I dove into a problem and helped people get "unstuck". But maybe that was just my perspective.
Thank you very much for the thoughtful response! It’s going to be an interesting couple of months.

Never heard of another CEO staying on site for days at a time to fix problems way below their pay grade.

That's because they run a tighter ship and delegate. Seriously, people give him credit for solving problems which are merely a symptom of his overall shortcomings as a manager. Good planning and organization prevents having to manage in this constant panic-mode.