Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiler Installs Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm legitimately curious as to what the hold-up on this could be. Leaving aside the spoiler (and I can't even imagine that in the context of the larger production of the entire vehicle, that the manufacturing cost of the spoiler could be so determinative), what could possibly be the issue with a small badge that says "DUAL MOTOR"? The additional costs that Tesla will have to incur to install all of these badges after the fact would seem to far outweigh any minor cost savings / benefit they may realize by punting on it until a later date?

Just sent an email to Delivery Manager asking for compensation if the spoiler and badges cannot be provided in a reasonable time period. Been 6 weeks already for me, which I consider reasonable to be able to provide something that should have come with the car I paid for.

Did you get a reply? I sent a request for a refund to see what they'd come back with but haven't heard anything. I wonder if non-cash compensation would work.

Did you get a reply? I sent a request for a refund to see what they'd come back with but haven't heard anything. I wonder if non-cash compensation would work.

Got myself referred to the legal department, LOL.

Separately I escalated to Management through my account and got given a November delivery date, meaning sometime in November and also the contact for Tesla's legal department.

Seems they are not interested in compensating anyone on this, think I pushed as far as I can without filing in small claims. Guess I just sit and wait like everyone else.....

• Funny
Reactions: forkee
I finally got a response to my request for a refund. They said the spoiler is still under development and won't be available until Q1 2019. If I want a refund I need to talk to the Sales and Delivery team.

Who gave that response regarding development of the spoiler? I would like to go back to the Exec that answered me regarding delivery.

Who gave that response regarding development of the spoiler? I would like to go back to the Exec that answered me regarding delivery.

It was someone from the support team. As has been discussed before, responses from support can vary wildly so I don't know exactly what to believe. Still being under development doesn't seem to make any sense, though redesigning the thing could account for the delay.

It was someone from the support team. As has been discussed before, responses from support can vary wildly so I don't know exactly what to believe. Still being under development doesn't seem to make any sense, though redesigning the thing could account for the delay.
Another data point: I just called my local service center and inquired about the spoilers availability. I was told that the current estimate is Q1 2019, but no firm dates. This is inline with what we've been hearing lately.