Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sponsored SuperCharging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been a regular on this forum so I don't know if this has been brought up before. If so, I apologize.

Given the passion and almost cult like following that Tesla has, I was thinking that Tesla should allow people to make donations to the SuperCharger effort. These donations could be rewarded according to donation level. For example:

$20-$100 - Name listed as a donor on Tesla's web site under the page for the station that was donated to
$100 - $1000 - A brick with the donors name on it placed at the SuperCharger location (as well as his/her name on the web site)
$1000 - $25000 - A plaque of recognition at the SuperCharger location, or a larger "brick" built into the site (as well as his/her name on the web site)
$25,000 - $150,000 - ?????
Entire cost of a SuperCharger station - choose location, plaque at the location, special page on the Tesla web page in honor, etc

I'm just making these up as examples. But, it would seem like, from what I can tell, people would LOVE to help Tesla out with this. What are others thoughts on this? Not realistic? Possible? Horrible idea?

I have strongly entertained the idea of purchasing, or leasing, or group-purchasing, a 1/2 lot in Baytown TX just to lease it to Tesla Motors for a Supercharger. Holding me back is the fear that we'd get financially committed only to find out TM is opening an unadvertised one elsewhere in or near Baytown...