Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Enhancement in last Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love love love the new enhancements to Spotify which make it much more functional and more like the "real app." Still see some glitches in synch though, ie, stuff missing from the catalogue on Tesla but not on multiple other devices... great progress though!

Oh goodness do I hate this latest update (see, many different strokes for different folks!)

In my case, all 2000+ of my favorited Spotify songs ended up on the "Favorites" bar in the Tesla media player. Just awful!! I want maybe a half dozen Favorites there, of my choosing, not simply "Hey this is a favorite in Spotify so show it here."

Completely made Spotify worthless for me. It wrecked my media "icons" if you will. I've actually logged out of Spotify until Tesla fixes this - it's a horrendous change!

The below is what I mean ... it just goes on and on for all 2000+ songs/albums/etc in my Spotify library. No way to remove them except to click the x on each and every one of them. Just a bad interface.

IMG_6781.jpeg

Yeah those "favorites" have been pretty rando for me but in the screen shot above it doesn't look like Spotify is selected. The big win for me was that with spotify selected and then Albums, they were sorted by artist in alphabetical order the way they are on all other platforms. What's the experience when you select Spotify?

Yeah those "favorites" have been pretty rando for me but in the screen shot above it doesn't look like Spotify is selected. The big win for me was that with spotify selected and then Albums, they were sorted by artist in alphabetical order the way they are on all other platforms. What's the experience when you select Spotify?

Sure, when I select Spotify that works fine. But if it completely breaks the Favorites bar, I don’t care about the drill down stuff.

I’m driving a car here - the quick buttons in the favorites menu need to work so I can tap with a quick glance. Sometimes I think Tesla forgets that.

So, since this update Spotify has been logging me out every time I get out of my car. When I first drove after the update it was logged out, but I figured that was a result of the update so I logged back in. When I got in the car later that day, I had been logged out again. Anyone else seeing this?

So, since this update Spotify has been logging me out every time I get out of my car. When I first drove after the update it was logged out, but I figured that was a result of the update so I logged back in. When I got in the car later that day, I had been logged out again. Anyone else seeing this?
LOL must have been your post here :cool: - happened yesterday for the first time. Will definitely keep an eye on it (hard to miss) - that would be a deal killer for sure!

Sure, when I select Spotify that works fine. But if it completely breaks the Favorites bar, I don’t care about the drill down stuff.

I’m driving a car here - the quick buttons in the favorites menu need to work so I can tap with a quick glance. Sometimes I think Tesla forgets that.
Sometimes I'll queue something up from the driveway before bolting off if I'm not in a rush, or other times at a long light, but I hear ya' -- the Favorites are important too and I agree they need to work.

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
Sometimes I'll queue something up from the driveway before bolting off if I'm not in a rush, or other times at a long light, but I hear ya' -- the Favorites are important too and I agree they need to work.

Exactly! Don’t get me wrong - having Spotify, and a functional one - is a great thing. But like you said, the menus are good pre-trip or at a traffic light. Otherwise, I just rely on the Favorites icons.

I’m also coming to the realization that I’m now solidly middle aged and therefore past my prime. I still use the Favorites much like my older cars - a row of icons (or - showing my age - actual physical buttons!) that I can push without even looking to listen to something else. I can use voice controls but they tick more off more often than make me happy.