Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new (2023.26.x) Spotify app is a huge improvement!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had reconciled myself to the Tesla Spotify app being rather lousy especially when compared to the phone/tablet app and the web site. But that has changed with this new version. In fact, ISTM the web site and the phone/tablet app have also been changed. This new version of the Tesla app is a massive improvement.

The top menu contains: Home, Browse, and Your Library. This is great. The library seems to contain all my favorites and it works better for me than the library in the newly revamped web site. Next to the top menu are forward and back buttons. What a relief. No more one way streets. The Tesla app is now a lot like the revamped phone/tablet app. Spotify seems to be shooting for consistency across all three UIs which is great IMO.

Songs that are playing in the car get picked up and play on the phone/tablet app when I leave the car and go inside. But so far I haven't gotten it to work the other way around. Favorites marked in the phone app almost instantly show up in the car so it is easy for me to pick up where I was that way. This was a source of frustration for me in the past. Also, I can control the Tesla Spotify app from my phone. It says on the phone the music is playing through Joules (my car's name). This should make it easy for passengers to control the music. I'm not certain all of these features are new. Overall, the Tesla Spotify app no longer seems horribly broken.