Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify family accounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got Spotify in Canada.
Is the account that is logged in on the car indexed to the driver profile?
I was last to log into car Spotify, but now listening in home, and my wife drove car and we were in conflict with account bouncing back and forth.

I am going through the learning curve as well. I don't have the family account, just one account, and I have to make sure after bringing up the mobile app to make changes that show in the car, like adjusting playlists and adding podcasts to the playlist etc. I close it down, or it does not play properly in the car.

I thought it was having trouble with reception, streaming issues at first, but it was just that I had not closed it down in the app. I have since found how to adjust playing in the car vs. the phone instead of completely closing the app, by hitting settings at the top right on homepage (took me a while to notice it). then I went to devices and chose Tesla instead of This phone.

But as I say this now I don't see the option to choose Tesla; maybe because the car is sleeping??

If you have a family account you should have 2 completely different accounts; one for the car and one for home, so there should not be any conflict. I believe you need to have 2 different emails or logins for that. That is how it works for us with our Tidal family account anyway.

Just got Spotify in Canada.
Is the account that is logged in on the car indexed to the driver profile?
I was last to log into car Spotify, but now listening in home, and my wife drove car and we were in conflict with account bouncing back and forth.

Yes @dark cloud one must have a family account to prevent the kicking out of other login. Learned as wife called and said stop kicking me out of Spotify. Family account created. Separate logins. Family account invites the other accounts.

Would a family account allow multiple devices to play the same account? Unless there is a Duplicate function, I don't want to create different accounts for car and home.

Family Mix seems new. Has anyone tried that in the Tesla?

Can accounts share playlists with each other? I guess that could be worked around with Public lists?

Would a family account allow multiple devices to play the same account? Unless there is a Duplicate function, I don't want to create different accounts for car and home.

Family Mix seems new. Has anyone tried that in the Tesla?

Can accounts share playlists with each other? I guess that could be worked around with Public lists?
Agree. I don't want to create extra email addresses just to have a unique Spotify account for my car.

What some of us are trying to understand is if getting the family plan will be the way to have one account/profile to play on multiple devices at the same time.

Each “device” will have its own profile.
you would need to share your playlists across the accounts to listen simultaneously on different devices. So the Tesla would have to login on its own account. Otherwise If you sign in on the same account that you have signed it at home, when you play it your car, it will stop playing at home and vice versa.

Hmmm.
Most people on this thread don't actually understand what I asked.
I have family account.
My wife and I have seperate accounts. But we drive each other's Tesla's.
But when I get in my wife's car, it stays linked to her Spotify. And if she is at the gym on her phone, it conflicts.
It should shift the Spotify account and link it to my driver profile.

Sounds like that won't work though.
So instead, I need to make extra emails and give the cars their own accounts. Then no conflict. But then I don't have my favs in the car and on my phone the same.

Reactions: AvengerBB
Hmmm.
Most people on this thread don't actually understand what I asked.
I have family account.
My wife and I have seperate accounts. But we drive each other's Tesla's.
But when I get in my wife's car, it stays linked to her Spotify. And if she is at the gym on her phone, it conflicts.
It should shift the Spotify account and link it to my driver profile.

Sounds like that won't work though.
So instead, I need to make extra emails and give the cars their own accounts. Then no conflict. But then I don't have my favs in the car and on my phone the same.

What @Cricket88 said above, and what @tranzndance alluded to: share some playlists with each other until Tesla switches the accounts with driver profile hopefully some time in the future. You won't have the whole account swapping back and forth but at least you can listen to a few of your favourite playlists in the other persons car.

Reactions: LukasSwan
I am having some issues as well. We have a spotify family account but I only want to use my account in the tesla as I drive it 99% of the time. Sounds like I can do this as long as I am not trying to listen through the app and through the tesla at the same time. For some reason I have to re login everytime I get into my car even though I am not listening anywhere else.