Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Ok so I currently have a family plan with Apple Music but now the M3P is ordered I am thinking we may be better off changing to Spotify. The thing I would like to know is do you just have a login that is universal to all drivers of the vehicle or can you have individual logins for each driver profile? I really wouldn't want the wife's choices showing when I'm driving :confused:

Ok so I currently have a family plan with Apple Music but now the M3P is ordered I am thinking we may be better off changing to Spotify. The thing I would like to know is do you just have a login that is universal to all drivers of the vehicle or can you have individual logins for each driver profile? I really wouldn't want the wife's choices showing when I'm driving :confused:
"With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price".

• Informative
Reactions: m3gt2 and Roy W.
Reactions: m3gt2
Thats a good question, I've only ever used it signed in to spotify with my spotify account, this article seems to suggest no adverts

Spotify partners with Tesla for integrated in-car music system

Obviously the signed in version is still much better, as you can access "your" music, save songs etc.

That's why I think it'd be good to have separate login per driver profile. I really don't want my wife's choice in music, let's just say her taste in men is better :D

Does it come with free premium Spotify even if you currently have the free membership? (No ads)
As I understand it (not got my car yet) the Tesla account is a species of free Spotify account. I have heard it might be a little better than an individual free account, but definitely not as good as a premium account. I have just taken one out in anticipation (got first two months free, then £9.99)

If you have the family version maybe give the car a completely separate account, so when it gets messed up with your wifes stuff your personal selection remains intact on your own phone etc.

Thanks. I will have a think. The trouble is we both will drive it. I could always stay with Apple Music and stream with Bluetooth but that seems a waste of such a nice screen!

I also currently have an Apple Music family subscription and don’t plan to change that. Too tied in to Apple in terms of phones, tablets and HomePod speakers. Not to mention it integrates all of my paid for iTunes music into the same app so I don’t want to lose that.

So I’m planning to just use the provided Tesla Spotify account and build up similar, or maybe different playlists for the car. Should work fine for me especially as I tend to default to radio listening when driving anyway.

I just use Spotify on my phone and connect it to my car via Bluetooth. You can even have just a single account for your whole family, with everyone designing their own playlists. You then just play the playlist you wanna listen to and it'll play the music that you like and nobody elses'.

I just went out and tested the build in Spotify account in my new M3 - it does NOT change account when changing driver profile. Just for into.

I just went out and tested the build in Spotify account in my new M3 - it does NOT change account when changing driver profile. Just for into.
Add on info - tried to log in with a free Spotify account in my M3 - that is not possible! Then I upgraded to a premium account and was able to log in. I think it if because the Tesla spotify account is better than a free account so it sort of prevents you from “downgrading” .... or they have a deal with Spotify that gently push Tesla drivers to get a premium account :)

Reactions: Roy W. and m3gt2
Has anybody tried Tune-In Radio? Will it mean that I can enjoy uninterrupted and buffering free radio from all around the world? I am so looking forward to listening to radio stations that I’ve loved from travels abroad.

Has anybody tried Tune-In Radio? Will it mean that I can enjoy uninterrupted and buffering free radio from all around the world? I am so looking forward to listening to radio stations that I’ve loved from travels abroad.
It is internet radio, do as long as you have an Internet signal you will be fine. Not sure on the stations but I have read that it is different to the phone app version.