Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SPOTIFY USING PHONE FOR OFFLINE PLAYBACK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone

Only had my Model X a few days but a little shocked it seems behind my previous car (BMW i3) with how Spotify works. The Tesla Spotify looks great and is a great interface but surprised it relies solely on the Tesla’s LTE to stream without giving other options. My preferred setup was always Bluetooth for calls and stuff but hard wired phone for Spotify for a more secure/faster listening experience but still with all the benefits of the cars Spotify interface.

Tesla let’s you use your offline playlists from phone via Bluetooth but you can’t change what you’re listing to from the Spotify interface. Reverts back to streaming from LTE. But the LTE signal totally sucks!

Pretty annoying as I don’t want to fumble for my phone to change album or playlist.

Maybe they’ll have more options in the future.

Hey buddy. Yeah, well once you start playing from your phone you can skip tracks via the car Spotify interface or steering wheel which is great. But as soon as you click another album or a passenger changes to a playlist it cancels phone and plays from Tesla LTE which is so unstable and buffery! Just needs a setting ‘play from phone’ but still have the glory of the car interface with track listing ms etc.