Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sprucing up my trade in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hopefully getting my M3 within a month or so. I’ve decided to do the Tesla trade in option. Is this a hassle when you go to pickup your new car? Should I spend any time/money cleaning it up, or does it just get taken away to some auction site?

The sales guy never looked at my trade-in - not even a glance. I had to remind him I had a trade in and gave him the keys.
Now that's funny.... under normal circumstances they would critique your trade until you cried "uncle"... and then offer you half of what it's really worth. I guess I will find out soon as I am trading my 2019 SR+ with 11k miles in on a 22 Long Range M3.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Same here. Never even looked at my trade inside or outside. I got an excellent price for my trade. Just 2 K shy of what I paid for it a year and 11 K miles later. Whole process was super easy.

I sold my BMW M240 for £3,000 more than the tesla trade in as they were only going to send to auction.
Even at the valuation no pictures or looked at it.
I got a £400 run around and did a bit more research even online sites were £1,500 more than tesla so had nothing to loose so put it up for £4,000 more as advised by autotrader.
My issue was PX normally holds some negotiation in the cost to change but with no tesla discount and they dont want the car.
2 days later and a lot of interest sold it.
I think I could of done a bit better but its a fair bit of cash and not many private buyers willing to take it on without dealer support and warranty.
Its on main dealer for £6K more than tesla offer and £3K more than I got for it.