Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR basic with HW3 2019.7.105 - GPS stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this car a few days ago, worked ok for a while, now GPS is stuck! Wondering if anyone has encountered similar issue especially since this is a HW3 car, maybe those are more buggy than the HW2.5 cars out there?

Initially, problem was showing up where sometimes map would be delayed in updating my GPS position while I was driving. For example I already make a right turn but it thinks I'm still on the street before I turned and gets stuck there 10 seconds before it updates to correct position.

Now it seems to have gotten stuck permanently at a location about 1 mile away from my house in the middle of the street, even though my car is actually parked in my driveway. Even if I drive around, the GPS location doesn't change and seems stuck there.

I tried reset via both scroll wheels with brake pressed, and also "power off" from menu and leaving it like that for an hour or so, but problem still persists.

Anyone experienced this before? Does it sound like a software or hardware problem?

I am aware that there is a newer .12 SW for HW3 cars, but I haven't received it yet. Any way to get service center to push it do my car without actually going to the center? Hoping that would be the simple fix, instead of some bad GPS module...

Saw this last night on our LR RWD that we got on Friday. Running 2019.7.106. It was stuck for over 50 miles. On the way home it mostly worked but during the drive home the GPS kept getting turned around every few minutes and then would recover.

Not sure why we aren't getting an OTA to the latest. The cameras aren't calibrating for Autopilot / FSD either.

Put in a service call to see if they can help.

Reactions: xanatos
Saw this last night on our LR RWD that we got on Friday. Running 2019.7.106. It was stuck for over 50 miles. On the way home it mostly worked but during the drive home the GPS kept getting turned around every few minutes and then would recover.

Not sure why we aren't getting an OTA to the latest. The cameras aren't calibrating for Autopilot / FSD either.

Put in a service call to see if they can help.
I see the same problem too, even when it's not stuck, sometimes GPS will flip direction as if we are going the other way, then switch back again. Good to know it's not just me!

Was just going to update and let you know we got the same update today. Just checked that I was able to turn on Sentry mode now. Will check tomorrow to see if everything else is working. Hopefully now my calibration won't be stuck at 0%!