Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gps location stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like issuue with 2023.38 firmware. Same problems in Model Y, no gps, no cameras, service insists it is hardware problem and needs autopilot computer replacement. Out of warranty already, $2.4k!

When the car is awake, power from the LV system is suppled through the First Responder Loop to the HV contactor, which closes and energizes the HV system. In an accident, EMS will cut that cord to disable the car from engaging the HV system, but there is also a plug that can be unplugged, instead. When you change the LV battery you disconnect the loop to ensure the contactor is open and that no power is being supplied to the LV system.

Thank you for the educative stuff!

Got the car back from the service the same day, Tesla peeps telling me it was a firmware issue. Got it upgraded from 38.4 to 38.6 from Service. Here's to hoping it will not come back again to haunt me.

Looks like issuue with 2023.38 firmware. Same problems in Model Y, no gps, no cameras, service insists it is hardware problem and needs autopilot computer replacement. Out of warranty already, $2.4k!
No! It can't be that. All culprits point to being a software issue. As soon as my car got updated (by myself) to 38.4, next day surprise: GPS stuck and no cameras. Got it back from Service in the same day where they clearly stated it was a buggy firmware and the car was stuck in 38.4. They probably somehow forcefully installed 38.6 and gave my car back in working condition.

Firmware updated 2 days ago to 2024.2.2.1 MYLR with 112 miles only. GPS got stuck. Spoke with technician over the phone and asked me to do the soft reset and powering off the vehicle. GPS when back to current location but when I move my car GPS is not moving. I had my car only for 3 weeks.

Anyone here have the same issue after the update to 2024.2.2.1

I believe the GPS antenna is located in the windshield camera pod. So a shot in the dark, have you put anything near it such as a radar detector, RFID transponder, etc.? If so, it could be interfering with the GPS signal.

Here is another thought - where you live matters - you may be too close to an area where they are doing GPS interference drills by the military., Here in the Southwest the military is always doing GPS interference training - its only supposed to be transitory for a few minutes time to time - I get notices all the time about them since I'm a pilot - - but here is one I just received: https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/sites/d...23-2024 GPS TESTING SCHEDULE MAR-APR 2024.pdf

Following this thread as I am experiencing the same GPS marker stuck issue on my 2023 Model S Plaid running latest available firmware 2023.38.6.

This in fact, is the 3rd time the same issue has come back, after 2 service center visits during which the car was kept for over 4 weeks between September and November 2023.

Fixes attempted:

1. Self: dual-button / soft reboot
  2. Self: change tire size / deep reboot (rebooted somewhat quickly, not sure if it was truly deep)
  3. 1st Service Center: replaced GPS antenna in the driver side mirror (problem fixed, GPS became functional)
  4. 2nd Service Center: replaced car computer as GPS antenna and wiring confirmed to be functional, GPS was working; upon returning picking up the car, discovered streaming audio (Spotify, Apple Music with premium connectivity) stopped working, which required another week of diagnosis at the service center, resulting in a car computer replacement as per service summary
After ~2 months of dealing with the same issue after taking delivery of this car in May, GPS marker issue has returned now for the 3rd time, seemingly after a recent firmware upgrade. The car itself was seldom driven since the 2nd service center visit, and GPS magically stopped working... :(

Anyone has additional insights to share to help as I am waiting another 3 weeks till early December for the next available service appointment?

Thanks in advance!
Hello

Do you still have this issue? Did you figure out the root cause and how to fix it? Can you please share your experience so far since the last post?

Model S 2018 and I have the same issue, after a service appointment, they informed me to wait for a SW fix in the coming days.

Hello

Did replacing the GPS antenna solve the issue? Did they use the same Part number or a new antenna?
Can you please share your experience so far since the last post?

My Model S 2018 has the same issue. After a service appointment, they informed me to wait for a SW fix in the coming days.
The service center diagnostic from about 3 weeks ago showed that GPS antenna couldn’t find a signal at times so they scheduled a mobile appt to replace the GPS module/antenna which they did yesterday. Funny enough, I had no issue with it for the last 3 weeks. No issues since the replacement but it’s only been a day so will report back.