Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Rear Fog Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
I know the SR+ models don't come with front fog lights, which although odd, are not a legal requirement in the UK.

I believe it is illegal not to have at least 1 rear fog light though.

Does this exist and if so, how is it activated?

Activated from the ‘Lights’ menu. Can’t remember what but there is some reason they can be greyed out. You may need to be in drive mode to activate them. I‘ve activated mine with the main lights on auto but if the option is greyed out, try turning the main lights to manual/dipped.

• Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77
You must be in drive with the headlights on. If the headlights aren't on, none of the fogs will work (show as grey/disabled in UI). It's particularly an issue with "bright" fog where the auto headlights shut off as it's bright enough but you need lights on because you're in the fog. The fog light settings are also not stateful so if the headlamps turn off automatically and the fog lights are on, and then the headlamps turn back on again, the fog lights will need to be manually re-enabled.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, this perfect use case for voice commands isn't enabled as of 2020.4.1. You'd think if you need to use your fog lights in limited visibility, turning the fogs on and off would be a prime time to use voice instead of taking your eyes off of the road.