Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, if you’re like me and needed to order floor mats based on this new info, you have 1 more hour to save 15% on eBay using their app coupon “PSAVETODAY”. Scored a full set of 3d Maxspidee Kagu for $165 shipped

Wow. I was looking at those mats. Thank you, you just saved me a lot!

if you go to your tesla account and click manage...can you upgrade to FSD?

No options when I click manage. The details page accurately reflects that I have AP but the only two options I have after clicking manage are 'schedule service' and 'request help.'

Reactions: J-Ho
How’d the acceleration feel, from both a stop and while rolling? Have you driven any other Tesla (such as LR Model 3) to compare it to?

I haven't driven another Tesla, unfortunately. I'd definitely describe the acceleration as "very impressive," but I didn't get a chance to fully open it up because I was fighting rush hour traffic most of the way home.

Can you confirm steering column is manual or powered?

I'll have to check this one tomorrow, unfortunately. Someone else may beat me to the punch.

Reactions: Scott7 and J-Ho
OP, thanks for sharing all of this information so quickly. It’s amazing that nobody at Tesla could answer any of these questions and we have to refer to an owner who took delivery of one to finally get some details on the car.

I originally ordered the SR+ but I got nervous because there were so many unanswered questions on the car, like how many speakers, does it include Homelink, can premium connectivity be added later? Nobody at Tesla knew any of this. Now we are starting to get a very clear picture.

I think the SR+ represents an amazing value for the price, especially if you don’t plan to add any upgrades. Homelink would have been nice, but for a few hundred dollars I can upgrade my garage door opener to work with my IPhone anyway. The upgraded sound system would be nice to have but not critical. So all in all I don’t see any major drawbacks to this model given how much less expensive it is than the next model up. Congtulations on being one of the first to take delivery!

Reactions: J-Ho
I had a Saturday scheduled appointment but my delivery coordinator called today and told me they had just unloaded my SR+ off the truck and asked if I'd like to get it today. I said absolutely and raced over to get it after work. The car was in perfect condition, with no paint defects, panel gaps or any other issues I could detect with a pretty thorough inspection before I left. No detectable rattles on the way home.

Please let me know what questions you might have, but here were some surprises:
  • I only bought AP (for $3k), not FSD. Nonetheless, my car seems to have summon mode and it looked like I had a navigate on autopilot option. No idea whether this is a temporary demo or not. Also, while the car had 9.0 installed, it stated it had an update to install, which I am running now. No idea whether that will take anything away once that update completes.
  • While traffic is not displayed on the navigation, I do have satellite maps. It does appear to use traffic to route as expected.
  • Despite guidance of 20-60 miles needed for camera calibration, my AP started working after about 10 miles. I think it helped that was I was sitting in traffic for most of those 10 miles, so that gave the cameras about 25-30 minutes to calibrate.
  • Someone asked about dog mode and sentry mode, I think. I verified I have them both.
  • Sound system sounded good. What questions do people have about it, I will try to answer them?
Hi--are the seats totally covered in the synthetic leather, and does it have the wood across the dash?? Thanks!!

Thanks for answering all these questions - Really just one thing I want to clarify, you mentioned "no homelink" but does this mean there's no built in garage door opener at all? Or just that you have to manually press a button somewhere on the screen to open your garage door?

There is no Homelink at all. I found that omission odd since I can’t imagine it cost much to keep it in the car but Tesla did confirm the module is not included in SR+, so it’s back to using the old clicker, or upgrading to a wifi garage door opener and using your smartphone.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
Thanks for answering all these questions - Really just one thing I want to clarify, you mentioned "no homelink" but does this mean there's no built in garage door opener at all? Or just that you have to manually press a button somewhere on the screen to open your garage door?

OCR1 is correct. There is no option anywhere on the screen to program or open a garage door as far as I can see.

You can recreate the same functionality with a wifi garage door opener for about $300. It will sense when your smartphone approaches and open the door just like the GPS enabled Homelink option.

But I agree it’s a surprising omission in a car that costs $37K. I imagine they pay a small licensing fee to Homelink for the use of their software module but I can’t imagine it could be that much.

You can add the Chamberlain MyQ system or get a Chamberlain opener with it built in. I did this when my 2016 Civic Touring didn’t come with Homelink. It is a shame that this isn’t a standard feature. Clickers are a bad idea. One of the most common ways for a crook to break into a home is to break into a car with a clicker in it. I would say 50% of my neighbors leave their cars outside at night despite having a garage. Of course, with a Tesla you are likely going to keep it in the garage in order to charge the car.