Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I on my my second deposit for a TM3, for $250. The first $250 was lost after the title for the trade in was rejected by Tesla, so I had to get a new one from the DMV. They estimated 2-4 weeks for that, it arrived in about 2 weeks. Tesla put a "hold" on the purchase, but then canceled the entire order and took my $250 deposit. Two days later, the title showed up in the mail.

Two days ago, I placed a new order and was charged a new $250 deposit. Now I needed to do the paperwork ALL OVER AGAIN. Today they paged me telling me if I didn't make a delivery appointment by tomorrow, they would cancel the order, and I assume take my deposit AGAIN. They only oked the trade in last night. They still want pictures of the odometer and title for that. The loan paperwork can't get started until they ok the trade in completely (the system is automated).

I just needed to vent somewhere. What the hell is with Tesla here? I am already a Tesla customer, I have owned one since 2018. The new one is for my wife. Since when is hassling your customers part of the business model?

Scott Franco
San Jose, CA
Yikes. I wonder if just dumping it at carmax or something would be the way to go...