Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I think I need to start digging around for DEMOs in my area... Ordering May 8th was all good up till this past Sat, was hitting delivery in June since day 1....

Now I'm looking out till July 13 - Aug 2nd this will not work for me... I'm going to give it this week because of the "Rumor's" that I was told by two different SAs that said I could/should get the VIN this week...

But if there's an opportunity to grab something in my config in DEMO I'm jumping on it...
Another day another delay. I’m giving them til the end of the 11 weeks which is June 29th. Don’t know about y’all but this has been the worst retail customer experience in my life and I just used Lowe’s to remodel my kitchen and that experience was hot garbage. Thoroughly unimpressed by Tesla. Especially as a 4/13 order date with May orders already being delivered (nothing against those people, just Tesla).

Another day another delay. I’m giving them til the end of the 11 weeks which is June 29th. Don’t know about y’all but this has been the worst retail customer experience in my life and I just used Lowe’s to remodel my kitchen and that experience was hot garbage. Thoroughly unimpressed by Tesla. Especially as a 4/13 order date with May orders already being delivered (nothing against those people, just Tesla).

HAHAHA Lowes... HAHAHAHA Oh the stories I have with them :D

Nope I'm 100% with you... Though this stems down from the top when you have SAs that do not know what is going on and you don't give your SAs information that your customer wants/needs.

It's 1 thing when you have a order that is 2 months earlier then everyone else and still cannot get a answer for why you cannot get your car and then others as you said are grabbing a car after you...

The whole process just makes NO SENSE what so ever...

I'm holding on till I get a DEMO that makes sense to me I bought a TON of stuff that goes to my Model 3 and right now I have no thought of sending it back... but whatever comes first I'll be getting..

Reactions: makirules and GiFer
Adding my data here. Ordered on 5/15 sr+ with no added options. Dallas TX. My EDD this past weekend moved from June to July 15th - August 2nd. This morning it switched back to June. Currently at June 26th - 30th.

Anyone else worried about their July vacations? 😬

HAHAHA Lowes... HAHAHAHA Oh the stories I have with them :D

Nope I'm 100% with you... Though this stems down from the top when you have SAs that do not know what is going on and you don't give your SAs information that your customer wants/needs.

It's 1 thing when you have a order that is 2 months earlier then everyone else and still cannot get a answer for why you cannot get your car and then others as you said are grabbing a car after you...

The whole process just makes NO SENSE what so ever...

I'm holding on till I get a DEMO that makes sense to me I bought a TON of stuff that goes to my Model 3 and right now I have no thought of sending it back... but whatever comes first I'll be getting..

People ordering back in April (or even late March?!) and not having a VIN/solid delivery date yet is pretty insane. If we had the same build, I'd offer to trade my order for yours as it's looking more and more likely a July-Aug date would work best for me. Now I have a different problem of deciding whether to give up my current VIN or schedule delivery and deal with multiple car payments for a while.

If GM doesn't call me back this week to kickstart the last part of my buyback, I may have to tell my SA to release my VIN.

Reactions: mdanieltech
People ordering back in April (or even late March?!) and not having a VIN/solid delivery date yet is pretty insane. If we had the same build, I'd offer to trade my order for yours as it's looking more and more likely a July-Aug date would work best for me. Now I have a different problem of deciding whether to give up my current VIN or schedule delivery and deal with multiple car payments for a while.

If GM doesn't call me back this week to kickstart the last part of my buyback, I may have to tell my SA to release my VIN.

I appreciate that, at this point I told my GF last night I'd do the following if it's out there

1 - SR+ Blue or Black with Black Interior
2 - Long Range White/Black/Blue with Black Interior

I just don't understand it... I feel horrible for the people that's been waiting since March!!

I cannot do Aug... It's just not going to work with a 1 car home..

Adding my data here. Ordered on 5/15 sr+ with no added options. Dallas TX. My EDD this past weekend moved from June to July 15th - August 2nd. This morning it switched back to June. Currently at June 26th - 30th.

Anyone else worried about their July vacations? 😬
My order was 5/22, same car specs (I’m assuming yours is white/black interior. Mine moved yesterday from 6/26-6/30 to 7/15-8/4. Today it reads 7/19-8/8. Yesterday my SA said I should be getting my VIN “in the next week or so”.

My order was 5/22, same car specs (I’m assuming yours is white/black interior. Mine moved yesterday from 6/26-6/30 to 7/15-8/4. Today it reads 7/19-8/8. Yesterday my SA said I should be getting my VIN “in the next week or so”.

I asked two SAs is this a glitch one said "If it shows the EDD then its true" the other says "We are still seeing on our side that June is a possible for delivery"

I don't trust anyone or anything about if it's coming or not...

Ordered 5/8, white/black interior. EDD is currently 6/18-6/30 for me. Sat showed 8-13 weeks like everyone else. I'm beginning to think the listed EDD is like a magic 8-ball.
I’m thinking the same thing. I have to think the dealers have more information on incoming deliveries vs. current orders and the customer-facing system is not much more than a super conservative magic 8-ball.

I've had that same timeframe since last Friday.

I GOT MY DELIVERY APPOINTMENT I CANNOT CONTAIN MY HAPPINESS AND I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW MAD I AM THAT IT IS SO LATE IN JUNE (I was hoping for delivery before my 85 year old dad had to return to Brazil due to Medical Reasons).
AFTER 8 DREADFUL WEEKS I FINALLY WILL BE PICKING UP MY TESLA ON JUNE 24th. SEE YA AT THE DEALERSHIP BUDDY
What date did you order?
For Trade In, is there a set amount of miles? I couldn’t find any info on the website or fine print that the value would need to be reevaluated. I just see it’s valid for 30 days.

I've been looking on several different forums for anyone that's got a delivery date for SR+

I placed by order (SR+, Midnight Metallic Silver) yesterday afternoon. Called Customer service today to ask if the 2 week estimate was realistic, and she said for customers in California it is.

Hoping I get a delivery date soon!
Idk I order SR+ midnight 2 weeks ago and my estimate DD is July 6 - 20 it was first June 14 - 20 and I only live 20 minutes from the factory no way I'm getting mine before end of Q3 I'm thinking more mid August the way DD changes every other day

Are you just waiting for the repurchase team to create the offer, or have they already done so and sent it over to the QA team?

Are you just waiting for the repurchase team to create the offer, or have they already done so and sent it over to the QA team?
The former. I've been in the purgatory between the "buyback approved" and "assigned a repurchase coordinator" stages for the last month.
Similar to the "order placed" and "VIN assigned" purgatory a lot of folks here are in. 😆

So as of today still holding tight on my July 13 - Aug 2 EDD... Called and spoke to a really nice SA, found her yesterday on my call in to see if this was true or a glitch.
Went through and told her my situation that I'd like to possibly grab a DEMO if possible, and of course I need to pay from $500-$2000 to re-route it to Michigan... so right now that will not happen...

Before I left I asked her what do you see today on your side...

SA -"It's still showing June as a a def possibility for delivery, I'd hold tight for at least another week and if your not assigned a VIN call me back and we will start looking for a better DEMO"
ME - So why does mine say July 13 - Aug 2 and yours says something totally different do you have better insight then I do?
SA - "Yeah we have a better idea and can get a idea on a def possibilities for the arrival, your date what your seeing is a worse care which they put out there."

😑 I feel like just finding a pillow and start punching it hahahaha, how in the world is this even possible for this to be going on and all the other people still waiting!!
I'm going to wait and every day look for DEMOs that are at least the Ohio area so I don't have to pay anything to get it shipped on top of already paying for shipping "Destination Charge"

The former. I've been in the purgatory between the "buyback approved" and "assigned a repurchase coordinator" stages for the last month.
Similar to the "order placed" and "VIN assigned" purgatory a lot of folks here are in. 😆

That is a funny way to put it hahaha

Tomorrow saying bye bye to my current lease which it hits the trail with Carvana... grabbing a cool hard cash equity of $4590 which will go towards my Tesla Loan

Reactions: GiFer
That is a funny way to put it hahaha

Tomorrow saying bye bye to my current lease which it hits the trail with Carvana... grabbing a cool hard cash equity of $4590 which will go towards my Tesla Loan
I decided to go with the trade-in to Tesla, as it wasn't much different than what Carmax was offering, and I rather keep my current ride until I get my new one. I think someone mentioned in here something about savings in taxes when you go with a trade-in rather than selling car elsewhere. Not sure how that works.

For those who are picking up soon or have already picked up, when did you add the new VIN to your insurance policy? I don't want to add it yet and pay for insurance on a car I'm not driving yet.

Reactions: BobBr
I decided to go with the trade-in to Tesla, as it wasn't much different than what Carmax was offering, and I rather keep my current ride until I get my new one. I think someone mentioned in here something about savings in taxes when you go with a trade-in rather than selling car elsewhere. Not sure how that works.

For those who are picking up soon or have already picked up, when did you add the new VIN to your insurance policy? I don't want to add it yet and pay for insurance on a car I'm not driving yet.

Actually for me with Carvana it's a lease... I didn't have to pay any taxes or the lease disposal fee which I'm super happy about :D I did Tesla trade in and they were wanting me to pay for a portion of the car to turn it into them... When maybe 1-2weeks later I get a text saying that the price went up on my trade in... Still not even close to Carvana...

Last edited:
Reactions: GiFer