Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ vs. MR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I finally got the answers to the navigation questions. The SR+ does have a modem and it will receive traffic data even if you don’t see it visually. It appears there is a possibility that you might be able to purchase a premium subscription to get the traffic visualization but it will not be announced until later this year. Based on this info, I’m really leaning toward an SR+. I don’t see the value in spending an extra $3K for the MR model just to get 24 miles more range and a few other minor features.

Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

• Informative
Reactions: EVMeister
OK, I finally got the answers to the navigation questions. The SR+ does have a modem and it will receive traffic data even if you don’t see it visually. It appears there is a possibility that you might be able to purchase a premium subscription to get the traffic visualization but it will not be announced until later this year. Based on this info, I’m really leaning toward an SR+. I don’t see the value in spending an extra $3K for the MR model just to get 24 miles more range and a few other minor features.

Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity

Wow, that FAQ really clears things up, I encourage everyone to read it. This brings me back to the SR+ over MR if it's accurate (I know sometimes things change between the FAQ publishing and what's out there). This is a big enough issue though that I'm going to wait a couple weeks for the first youtube video of an SR+ to see it for myself before I pull the trigger.

This is the relevant sentence for me in the FAQs:

“Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.”

So my interpretation of this is that the SR/SR+ has all of the required components for traffic visualization but they are not providing it free for the first year as they do in all the MR and above models. It’s anyone’s guess what the price will be for the subscription, but remember that even the models with the Premium Interior only get the service for the first year. After that they have to pay for a subscription as well, and I can’t imagine why the price would be any better for them than for the SR/SR+ models. So I only see an additional $100 or so in value of getting the first year free with the upgraded interior. Not worth $3K to me.

This is the relevant sentence for me in the FAQs:

“Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.”

So my interpretation of this is that the SR/SR+ has all of the required components for traffic visualization but they are not providing it free for the first year as they do in all the MR and above models. It’s anyone’s guess what the price will be for the subscription, but remember that even the models with the Premium Interior only get the service for the first year. After that they have to pay for a subscription as well, and I can’t imagine why the price would be any better for them than for the SR/SR+ models. So I only see an additional $100 or so in value of getting the first year free with the upgraded interior. Not worth $3K to me.

I don't think the Premium Interior models will have to shell out $100/year (after the free year) anymore. They took that language away so it appears the service will be included for the life of the vehicle for MR & above. That's my hope at least. I'll report back after I pick up my MR next Tuesday!

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
I don't think the Premium Interior models will have to shell out $100/year (after the free year) anymore. They took that language away so it appears the service will be included for the life of the vehicle for MR & above. That's my hope at least. I'll report back after I pick up my MR next Tuesday!
If thats the case, +1 for the MR... not so sure its worth the upgrade from SR+ but that helps.

No, both power adjustment for seats and steering wheel are there in SR+. Only SR has manually adjusted seats and steering wheel. It's probably why SR+ will get delivered before SR, since it essentially is the same hardware as MR with a few software tweaks to the UI.

Thanks that’s good to know. Wasn’t fond of not having power seats at the SR plus price tag if that were true!

No, both power adjustment for seats and steering wheel are there in SR+. Only SR has manually adjusted seats and steering wheel. It's probably why SR+ will get delivered before SR, since it essentially is the same hardware as MR with a few software tweaks to the UI.

What about different battery sizes SR+ vs MR ?

I have got the sheet from sales which shows the differences between interior options (Basic/Partial Premium/Premium).

Attachments

• Tesla Interior Packages Comparison.jpg
    Tesla Interior Packages Comparison.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 202