Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Autopilot Now Included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else encountered some frustration with the recent announcement by Tesla that Standard Autopilot would now be included in all cars? I contacted Tesla today to see when this would take effect on my car, and they said it was for new buyers only. I'll have to pay $3000 for the same thing that is given for free to a new buyer...and likely on a version of the car that is sold at a lower price. Seems like Tesla is more than happy to ride on the backs of early adopters and then forget them down the road.

Any news about this possibly rolling out to all cars?

Tesla owner entitlement is staggering, I probably shouldn't be quite so surprised about it, but with the recent AP changes the entitlement level seems to have risen exponentially.
Maybe because there's a bunch of folks who didn't want to pay for a feature they really wanted and are now upset because others are getting it. Welcome to reality.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Agreed. I just configured my car and it is $4500 cheaper, AP and Dual Motor is included.

Or for $500 more I can get an extra motor and FSD all included.

Never have I seen any car company prices drop faster than the Crash of 1929.

It is crazy when you think about it. Part of the reason is they need to keep demand up and at the $50k+ mark there are only so many people who can afford it which ultimately leads to dropping prices and margins to keep the cars moving out the door. Tesla's are desirable but they overestimated just how feasible it was to sell a luxury priced car to the masses. Easy way to think about it is many people would love to own a Ferrari, if Ferrari started making 5000 cars a week because of the desirability they would go bankrupt as not many people can afford a $200-500k car. Same concept applied to the Tesla's. The emergency steps they had to pull to keep the lines moving were creating the SR+, dropping software prices, the random price increase threats, inventory blowouts etc and im sure at this time they are having razor thin margins. The LR RWD initial buyers all took a bath on the financial side even after the federal tax credits which has created previous fans to switch to the pessimistic side which is totally reasonable. 5-10K is not chump change even to those making 500k a year as they would have to work multiple days to cover that money after taxes, or 100k which can be a month of work post taxes. Or the money could have been used for a crazy luxury trip etc, its peoples money and they dont like the thought of it vanishing that quick. The other side still loves their car and will drive it to the ground and could care less if it dropped 30K in a month. Be happy with your purchase and if you liked the car you now know your next Tesla will be dirt cheap.

Agreed. I just configured my car and it is $4500 cheaper, AP and Dual Motor is included.

Or for $500 more I can get an extra motor and FSD all included.

Never have I seen any car company prices drop faster than the Crash of 1929.
Who cares if they drop the price, I paid 70k two months ago and if the price dropped to 20kidbe super happy that I contributed to the success for the price to come down so anyone who buys now gets it cheap and my next Tesla will be even cheaper.

Why the hell does everyone whine and complain here? It's crazy