Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard interior...when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the differences between the standard interior and the premium interior ?

You can find the info on Tesla website. But you can see the premium features below, comes at a 5k USD price.
  • Premium seating and cabin materials with open pore wood décor. This is instead of the textile seating in the non-premium model.
  • Heated seats. All models offer a dual-zone climate control system, but this offers added warmth.
  • Two rear USB ports. This is in addition to the two USB ports in the front center console of every Model 3, as well as a 12-volt power outlet.
  • Twelve-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles.
  • Premium audio system. The upgraded version offers more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer.
  • Tinted glass roof, packing ultraviolet and infrared protection.
  • Premium side mirrors, with auto dimming, power folding, and heating. All side mirrors are power-adjustable, but this adds extra convenience.
  • LED fog lamps.
  • A center console with covered storage, as well as docking for two smartphones. The non-premium center console only offers open storage in the center console

Thank you for the information, much appreciated !!! For some reason, I thought the Premium Interior was the only one offered for the Model 3. Thanks again for the clarification,

I think it IS, right now. Tesla is "forcing" the premium interior on all orders of Model 3 so far, I am almost positive.

@Op, I doubt you will see it before the 35k model 3, if that ever comes out. I think it will.. but not until at least 2nd or 3rd quarter next year just to throw something at the wall.

First production of the SR car will almost certainly be with premium interior- so probably 40k instead of 35k... I'd look for that shortly before the $3750 tax credit gets cut June 30th to convert more of the 35k holdouts to getting that one instead.

Then once THAT demand is spent they'll roll out the 35k model with base interior version (which would significantly increase MFG complexity so they're heavily incentiveized to put it off as long as possible)

Reactions: mswlogo
I would think no standard interior prior to the production line being reconfigured for the base version of the car.

During a service visit last year had a basic loaner MS with fabric seats etc. I actually thought the material was nice. No idea if same would be used but sure it will be equally nice. I'm still of the opinion however that the PUP is worth the upgrade cost. Love that my side view mirrors defog in the chilly mornings. Audio sounds great. I do think the "leather" seats are easier to wipe up spills on and keep clean over fabric seats. So that plus the other PUP inclusions sold me. However if one is stretching to buy the car I have no doubt the standard non-PUP interior will look just as nice.

Last edited: