Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Model Y Currently Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh thanks yeah, I saw that there were a one or two SRs that got dropped into inventory (possibly rejections or unfilled orders). However, I haven't heard of anyone with a factory order getting assigned a VIN in a while now. I've been following the forums and spreadsheets and nothing to my knowledge. The only people getting SRs are those who luck out on finding one in existing inventory that fits their needs (for instance, there is one right now in HI but it's a 7 seater).
Tesla honors prices. As others have done so, they placed an order, and are hoping for that tax credit. I believe they give you a year to put the car on hold. And they honor that price.

As I stated, at least Tesla should find the customer one and honor the price. Don’t be bullied into buying a LR. I’d personally go to the dealership and talk with somebody face to face.

Worst comes to worst, contact an attorney. Most lawyers, will work for nothing but will take a 40-50% cut of the settlement. This has obviously caused a lot of people stress and anguish.

Oh thanks yeah, I saw that there were a one or two SRs that got dropped into inventory (possibly rejections or unfilled orders). However, I haven't heard of anyone with a factory order getting assigned a VIN in a while now. I've been following the forums and spreadsheets and nothing to my knowledge. The only people getting SRs are those who luck out on finding one in existing inventory that fits their needs (for instance, there is one right now in HI but it's a 7 seater).
I think the issue with your order is when it was unfrozen. There was a batch built in early June that seemed to complete any outstanding orders placed when you could actually order a SR. Not sure if the time you unfroze was "too late" to be placed in that production run.

Can you link the HI one? For some reason its not showing up for me.

Reserved a Midnight Metallic SR 7seater that became available in Portland for $49.9k. Cancelled the reservation now since my wife didnt like the color and I had to pick it up in Portland. So if anyone is interested, keep a lookout for it to come back up.

Last edited:
Reserved a Midnight Metallic SR 7seater that became available in Portland for $49.9k. Cancelled the reservation now since my wife didnt like the color and I had to pick it up in Portland. So if anyone is interested, keep a lookout for it to come back up.

Reactions: FolesVsBrady
My order has been in since September after my model 3 was totaled. Originally I was convinced by a sales advisor if I put in a dual motor order that I could switch it to LR RWD when it was released and not have to wait as long which actually only just created havoc.. Once SR+ came out and was dropped to 39,990 I was totally settled on getting that. Hope this one actually happens.

Its crazy how much more chaotic and unorganized Tesla is since I got my model 3 in 2018..

Reactions: acebrigade
New to the forum, have a SR Y on order, ordered 3/11, had to put on hold for a couple months. Today got a text from Tesla saying below
“Tesla Cincinnati delivery team here - We are no longer accepting orders for the Standard Range RWD Model Y and are not producing these vehicles at this time. Would you like to modify your order to one of our existing options or would you prefer we get this order cancelled for you?”
Anyone got similar message? Thanks

New to the forum, have a SR Y on order, ordered 3/11, had to put on hold for a couple months. Today got a text from Tesla saying below
“Tesla Cincinnati delivery team here - We are no longer accepting orders for the Standard Range RWD Model Y and are not producing these vehicles at this time. Would you like to modify your order to one of our existing options or would you prefer we get this order cancelled for you?”
Anyone got similar message? Thanks
I haven't gotten any texts like that. Although my SA is completely oblivious to anything that isn't a sale happening in front of him at that exact moment, so no surprise there. I have a theory they're just trying to get as many people into taking high-margin vehicles before EOQ as possible.

Reactions: eyyopomps
I haven't gotten any texts like that. Although my SA is completely oblivious to anything that isn't a sale happening in front of him at that exact moment, so no surprise there. I have a theory they're just trying to get as many people into taking high-margin vehicles before EOQ as possible.
Exactly what i thought. So i pushed back that i am still going to hold onto my order, they replied back they can hold until 9/11 and it will be cancelled automatically that date. I thought it was end of quarter gimmick to get me into a much high margin LR. Lets see, don’t have high hopes though with all the chip shortages and Model Y booked through Q3. My SA has stopped answering my mails even though she was pretty responsive before.

Reactions: eyyopomps