Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Model Y Currently Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prediction is that they'll eventually do the same as the model 3 and release a SR (maybe call it a SR+ for consistency) with a partial premium interior and no rear sway bar. This would only be done when there's excess capacity.
lmao I love the idea of them downgrading the SR and then naming it "SR+". Classic Tesla. Honestly this whole saga with my trying to get my order filled has seriously soured me on Tesla to the point where I am considering just getting an ICE vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X
Had an order in for an LR and the day I was to take delivery last week someone canceled their SR order and it just arrived so I took it instead. Luckily it was a black exterior which is what I wanted. It has a white interior which I didn’t want but has since grown on me now after owning it for a week. I’m in LA and there are charging stations every couple of mins so I don’t really need the LR - rather pocket the extra $9-10k difference. Interestingly the rep also mentioned if I prefer white they will have 5 or more SR available in the coming days with this color. Not sure about other colors but it seems they are still building these.

Had an order in for an LR and the day I was to take delivery last week someone canceled their SR order and it just arrived so I took it instead. Luckily it was a black exterior which is what I wanted. It has a white interior which I didn’t want but has since grown on me now after owning it for a week. I’m in LA and there are charging stations every couple of mins so I don’t really need the LR - rather pocket the extra $9-10k difference. Interestingly the rep also mentioned if I prefer white they will have 5 or more SR available in the coming days with this color. Not sure about other colors but it seems they are still building these.
Would you mind private messaging me the name of the rep and the location? I would really appreciate it, would make my day!

Where are you seeing them? By the time I find them they're long gone and I am losing my mind.
I have full access to all inventory updated every 5 seconds with alerts to specific searches. There have been about a dozen SR Y’s in the last 2 days but none since last night. Most of these have been June 7th builds. The Tesla website and regular 3rd party websites pick these cars up within about 15 minutes or so and people put deposits on them within minutes after that. I picked up a couple SR Y’s for myself but it kills me knowing I could have got them $4k cheaper a few months ago.

I have full access to all inventory updated every 5 seconds with alerts to specific searches. There have been about a dozen SR Y’s in the last 2 days but none since last night. Most of these have been June 7th builds. The Tesla website and regular 3rd party websites pick these cars up within about 15 minutes or so and people put deposits on them within minutes after that. I picked up a couple SR Y’s for myself but it kills me knowing I could have got them $4k cheaper a few months ago.
Dang! Any chance you could pass on your techniques? I've tried everything suggested and that I could think of myself and I'm always way too slow to get any of the SRs.

Just because I'm a sick puppy: Have you seen any SR Black around 44k? MSM was my second choice so I'm NOT mad, but black was my top choice by a mile o_O

Just because I'm a sick puppy: Have you seen any SR Black around 44k? MSM was my second choice so I'm NOT mad, but black was my top choice by a mile o_O
There were about 6 new SR cars today, only one had a $200 discount because it was a red demo car in Chicago. There are no new Black SR cars at $44k because the current base number is $44k and black adds $1k and then the $1,200 delivery charge. Currently one Grey $49,990 car in Portland 7 seat induction wheels. Actually updated that I just went back and counted 12 new SR Y’s today.
I noticed something else, it looks like most of the new SR Y’s built were on the 17th of this month and they show to have the new Chinese door panels. Looks like there was a decor change on the 15th or 16th to the new Chinese style.

Last edited:
Reactions: acebrigade
1624575324103.jpeg

There were about 6 new SR cars today, only one had a $200 discount because it was a red demo car in Chicago. There are no new Black SR cars at $44k because the current base number is $44k and black adds $1k and then the $1,200 delivery charge. Currently one Grey $49,990 car in Portland 7 seat induction wheels. Actually updated that I just went back and counted 12 new SR Y’s today.
I noticed something else, it looks like most of the new SR Y’s built were on the 17th of this month and they show to have the new Chinese door panels. Looks like there was a decor change on the 15th or 16th to the new Chinese style.
Any chance you'd be able to help me? I just found out on Saturday that my car I ordered in Feb will never be made, and I've been spending every waking moment since trying to secure a Model Y SR, but I'm always just too slow. I always get sniped no matter how fast or how many alerts I set up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm losing hope. I've had, no exagguration, over 150 calls with Tesla since Saturday. SA, Delivery person, central order support, corporate, practically every Tesla store on the west coast....I get extremely apologetic indifference. "I can't help you. I don't know who can. Have you considered a Long Range? Oh, it's outside your budget....how about a Model 3? Oh, it's too small...well...I don't know what to say..." and then 5 minutes of excuses before they hang out. Repeat 100x. I'm losing my mind and starting to resent Tesla for putting me in this position in the first place. I want to love my car. :( I really really appreciate any and all expertise you can lend to a tired soul.

Last edited:
Any chance you'd be able to help me? I just found out on Saturday that my car I ordered in Feb will never be made, and I've been spending every waking moment since trying to secure a Model Y SR, but I'm always just too slow. I always get sniped no matter how fast or how many alerts I set up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm losing hope. I've had, no exagguration, over 150 calls with Tesla since Saturday. SA, Delivery person, central order support, corporate, practically every Tesla store on the west coast....I get extremely apologetic indifference. "I can't help you. I don't know who can. Have you considered a Long Range? Oh, it's outside your budget....how about a Model 3? Oh, it's too small...well...I don't know what to say..." and then 5 minutes of excuses before they hang out. Repeat 100x. I'm losing my mind and starting to resent Tesla for putting me in this position in the first place. I want to love my car. :(
All the new SR Y’s carry a $4,000 higher number than they were at $39,990. Lots of 7 seaters have come up. Pretty much all I’ve seen coming now have the new Chinese door panels av to the coding. if you want one you have a few minutes after it goes live to buy. What do you need? What price range? I posted that one above about 30 minutes ago but it has since sold. That was the only one live at the time and there seems to be about 2, 3, or 4 at a time. Most well equipped though

All the new SR Y’s carry a $4,000 higher number than they were at $39,990. Lots of 7 seaters have come up. Pretty much all I’ve seen coming now have the new Chinese door panels av to the coding. if you want one you have a few minutes after it goes live to buy. What do you need? What price range? I posted that one above about 30 minutes ago but it has since sold. That was the only one live at the time and there seems to be about 2, 3, or 4 at a time. Most well equipped though
Ideally white or red. Not black. 5 seater. 19" wheels. White interior preferable but I'd take black. I got offered that 7 seater from the store but I will literally never use those seats and it seems like a waste for me to get one config'd like that. Any skills or tips or techniques you can pass along would be massively appreciated! Thanks for taking an interest man, and for any help. :) This is the first glimmer of hope I've felt in days!

Ideally white or red. Not black. 5 seater. 19" wheels. White interior preferable but I'd take black. I got offered that 7 seater from the store but I will literally never use those seats and it seems like a waste for me to get one config'd like that. Any skills or tips or techniques you can pass along would be massively appreciated! Thanks for taking an interest man, and for any help. :) This is the first glimmer of hope I've felt in days!
If you are ready to put a deposit down within minutes I could text you a few cars. My access is only 5 or 10 minutes before the cars go live and they go quick. You could PM your cell if you want. I see that 7 seater out there has popped up a few times, pro got deposits and canceled because the price is almost as much as a LR. The others go quickly

Last edited:
Reactions: RedWhite19
You can always get the car wrapped. Wrap Bully’s in LA do a fine job. They charge 2,700 for a custom wrap. I definitely wanted black on white but in March, they found me a white on black, when the price was still 39,990(But charged 1k for delivery from TX). I’m just going to get my Model Y wrapped in something like this.
1624577797097.jpeg

Or this
1624577869805.jpeg

Reactions: acebrigade
If you are ready to put a deposit down within minutes I could text you a few cars. My access is only 5 or 10 minutes before the cars go live and they go quick. You could PM your cell if you want. I see that 7 seater out there has popped up a few times, pro got deposits and canceled because the price is almost as much as a LR. The others go quickly

Sent! Yeah I've seen that 7 seater pop up a few times as well. I was thinking the same thing - someone probably thought they were getting a LR for a steal and then realized it was an SR.

You can always get the car wrapped. Wrap Bully’s in LA do a fine job. They charge 2,700 for a custom wrap. I definitely wanted black on white but in March, they found me a white on black, when the price was still 39,990(But charged 1k for delivery from TX). I’m just going to get my Model Y wrapped in something like this.
View attachment 677385
Or this
View attachment 677387
I've seen a couple wrapped very similar shade to the green one and it looks SNAZZY in person!

Reactions: RedWhite19
Would you mind private messaging me the name of the rep and the location? I would really appreciate it, would make my day!
I got it from the Costa Mesa location, they were super helpful and let me know what other SRs were being built that would ship to them. At the time, only white SRs were coming but they had quite a few of those to choose from.

Wait, what? How are you "seeing" the new door panels? This is the first I'm hearing about it and if this were a non-SR thread, this would be blowing up!