Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Price Increase!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The levels you can move up in the ordering is really well thought out. I've been looking at the delta and what you get as you move up and each move up seems like a good value for what you get in range and options. I started at base and got all the way up to LR RWD before I would hesitate to go to AWD, but even that jump would be tempting with the nice performance bump you get. AP would be a no brainer for me at 4k. Colours are still absolutely ridiculously priced though.

The levels you can move up in the ordering is really well thought out. I've been looking at the delta and what you get as you move up and each move up seems like a good value for what you get in range and options. I started at base and got all the way up to LR RWD before I would hesitate to go to AWD, but even that jump would be tempting with the nice performance bump you get. AP would be a no brainer for me at 4k. Colours are still absolutely ridiculously priced though.

Upgrading from SR to SR+ is a no-brainer and purposely structured this way.

Still think LR RWD is the best buy since range will always be king. And after a winter with the RWD, don't regret passing on AWD whatsoever. Just get good tires! Which you'd have to do with AWD anyway... would've preferred standard AP to EAP, but holding out hope summon, etc. will be useful in time.
My own thought is anyone getting anything less than Mid-range is going to see the value of their car plummet so why not spring for a level up.

Getting up Bathurst from south of Saint Clair or the hill around Casa Loma - yes- definitely doable with a good set of winter tires, but much "simpler" and less fuss with AWD. (I am not saying it is a necessity, although for some it is) just saying, I don't regret getting it and I am ok with the small delta in range.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Getting up Bathurst from south of Saint Clair or the hill around Casa Loma - yes- definitely doable with a good set of winter tires, but much "simpler" and less fuss with AWD. (I am not saying it is a necessity, although for some it is) just saying, I don't regret getting it and I am ok with the small delta in range.

I wanted AWD too but it wasn't available back in April-June 2018 :)