Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standby Battery Usage all of a sudden jumped up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way after many different attempts I gave up trying to figure out the issue. The techs all say the car is operating normally.

The only way I figured out to mitigate the stand by energy usage is to not plug it in. That seems to reset it. E.g., I charge to 80% on Monday, after the first drive it uses 5%. The next drive it uses 0% (this is just the stand by energy bucket, not anything else). The next drive it uses .2%. It never gains more than 1%/day after that first inital drop of 4-5%.

I don't drive that much since I work from home, so most of these are errands and the like.

I still don't understand. The first time that prompted this was at the airport and it used 35% over 7 days in stand by. One year later we didn't take any chances and charged to 100%. Arrived at the airport with 91%. 7 (or 6, as it were) days later the battery was at 94%.

I've given up. I spent about 5 months trying to find a solution.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and zoomer0056
By the way after many different attempts I gave up trying to figure out the issue. The techs all say the car is operating normally.

The only way I figured out to mitigate the stand by energy usage is to not plug it in. That seems to reset it. E.g., I charge to 80% on Monday, after the first drive it uses 5%. The next drive it uses 0% (this is just the stand by energy bucket, not anything else). The next drive it uses .2%. It never gains more than 1%/day after that first inital drop of 4-5%.

I don't drive that much since I work from home, so most of these are errands and the like.

I still don't understand. The first time that prompted this was at the airport and it used 35% over 7 days in stand by. One year later we didn't take any chances and charged to 100%. Arrived at the airport with 91%. 7 (or 6, as it were) days later the battery was at 94%.

I've given up. I spent about 5 months trying to find a solution.
I found leaving cabin overheat off plus sentry and I lost 1% in 10 days and that was from my daily waking the car to see charge level. Some loss could be Tesla collecting data from time to time but if everything off only temperature changes would change charge level slightly.