Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starbucks and DC fast charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
I think placing DC fast chargers at Starbucks next to major highways in-between major cities would be ideal. I think a company such as Coulomb Tech could partner with Starbucks on such an effort. DC fast charging is really the way to go for this kind of stopover although I guess a standards war may be brewing.

I e-mailed Starbucks and they said to post the idea over at MyStarbucksIdea so I did
http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideaview?id=08750000000HH1UAAW

Feel free to vote on it or comment. I'm already in a comment battle with someone who doesn't think it's a coffee shop thing to have a charger there.

Last edited:
Thanks. That was my new friend lilmissykato who voted it down (my guess).

I commented on a different EV charging station idea there and she came back with multiple posts about how EV charging is not "coffee shop stuff" and doesn't belong there.

Yes, I called Coulomb Technology two weeks ago, they were planning on training on installing the CT3000's in the next 6 months or so. In the meantime they had no idea that Level II charging was available to 75 amps. I was not impressed.

I joined and did the same Doug...

"I agree TeslaFan...what better than to stop at the local Starbucks for a break, relax and grab a half-caf, whilst adding another 50 miles of range in my EV!

lilmisskato, with all due respect, your comment about this idea seems a "little last century". I cannot see how 4 or 5 EV silently charging whilst their owners are enjoying a coffee or lunch could possibly interfere with your work.

If I'm missing something here, could you please elaborate?"

It's always fun asking one to defend an illogical comment. :biggrin:

Yes, I called Coulomb Technology two weeks ago, they were planning on training on installing the CT3000's in the next 6 months or so. In the meantime they had no idea that Level II charging was available to 75 amps. I was not impressed.

Thanks for checking in on that. They do state on their website though that level 2 supports up to 80A so someone there knows something.
http://www.mychargepoint.net/faq-standards.php

Their dad works for Nissan and they don't want DC fast charging? You're kidding me...

Time for school, methinks.

Yeah. She also needs to learn how to put an apostrophe in these words: im, youre, and doesnt.

Here's my recent post in response to someone saying they didn't think a bunch of silent cars charging would be a problem

Exactly! If it doesn't cost regular Starbucks customers anything extra in terms of the cost of coffee, I don't see how a silent car charging silently would affect people drinking their coffee at Starbucks. It may not be a Starbucks 'thing' but should be. Maybe it's all the gas cars making noise at a Starbucks that cause some people to drop the apostrophe from words like I'm, they're, it's and don't?