Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starlink in Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators note:
Advertising referral programs from Tesla, Starlink or any other company is strictly prohibited on this forum. This is why it’s a sticky thread on the first page of the Australian Forum.

Moderators note:
Advertising referral programs from Tesla, Starlink or any other company is strictly prohibited on this forum. This is why it’s a sticky thread on the first page of the Australian Forum.
Yep sure but what we did was Ok wasn't it? They politely asked and I sent my link as a PM so it wasn't left open in the forum. I remember back when the supercharging referrals were a thing a moderator saying it was OK for forum members to PM links to each other. I understand the rule about not having them displayed or linked permanently but not allowing forum members to get the benefits these programs offer even through private communication is a bit much.

I was referring to the previous post that appears to be advertising their Starlink referral.
On second reading it can also be interpreted as a request for one. The language is not clear.
The rule was introduced as when the Tesla referral scheme was started advertising of referrals became a significant percentage of posts on TMC and we received feedback that it was unwelcome.

Reactions: Hairyman and muddie
You don’t need to orientate the dish. It does it for you. In southern Australia it will usually face a bit south when it settles down.

In my experience the service is fine. It has a latency of about 50ms and my speeds are between 50 and 200mbs most of the time.