Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
chime on green light
Agree, the chime on green light does not distinguish between a green turn arrow and a straight ahead round green light. There are often two sets of traffic lights. One for straight ahead lane (middle lane) and one separate set on left side which also has an additional left turn light. The chime will occur if any one of the set of traffic lights exhibit a green.

This means if you are on a multi lane road with more than one set of traffic lights, a chime just means one of the lights became green but it may not be for you. The car does not distinguish between greens irrespective of the lane you are in. If it can see a green it will chime.

Reactions: dronus
Agree, the chime on green light does not distinguish between a green turn arrow and a straight ahead round green light. There are often two sets of traffic lights. One for straight ahead lane (middle lane) and one separate set on left side which also has an additional left turn light. The chime will occur if any one of the set of traffic lights exhibit a green.

This means if you are on a multi lane road with more than one set of traffic lights, a chime just means one of the lights became green but it may not be for you. The car does not distinguish between greens irrespective of the lane you are in. If it can see a green it will chime.
Yep, still have to use one’s eyes and interact with the outside world :)

• Funny
Reactions: Riasta and Jules22
They seem to have dropped the price since I last looked.
Rocketman needs to match production to demand. And for those who think its a luxury car, no, Tesla M3/Y are volume cars.

I wonder though if Rocketman has directed the factory to take further costs out -AKA cheaper fittings , cheaper quality? - at least for the cars not yet in production.

Last edited:
The LR is now $67900, not sure what it was previously.

The price is almost dropping faster than my insurer’s “Agreed Value” 🤣 which effectively means I still have a “new for old” replacement policy, even though my car will turn 5 this year 🤣.

Incredible price reductions. My LR cost me $95k on the road in 2019. More than double the previous highest amount I had ever spent on a car, which in turn was double the highest amount I had ever spent on a car before that.

Got this today, dying to try it out, just need my car now.
1000002834.jpg

Anyone else here have issues with the haptic 'right' blinker? Happens to me at least once a day, not sure if it's my thumb placement but will be including it to be investigated in my service call for the parcel tray.
Ok booked into a service visit on 20th May.

Got a call about an hour later to confirm a few things, parcel shelf incident was self explanatory.

Diagnostic check seemed ok. And they agreed that the woofer rattle is mechanical/ related to the parcel shelf but will check again in person.

They asked, between now and appointment if I have any issues with haptic indicator, to note the date and time, it helps them to check the logs easier. I will probably add these to the service task in the app as they happen. I think there’s a way to do this, else I’ll provide them with a Power BI dashboard.

Reactions: AusMar and dronus
Things I still cannot get used to:
- I still want to pull the trunk lid down.
- I still want to pull the key out when leaving.
- The most annoying: it asks to tap the brake pedal to switch to drive. I however would call it "fully depress the brake pedal and hold it there for three seconds" instead. I understand it is a safety feature, but for me it is an irritating safety feature, and it is not a clutch after all.

Things I still cannot get used to:
- I still want to pull the trunk lid down.
- I still want to pull the key out when leaving.
- The most annoying: it asks to tap the brake pedal to switch to drive. I however would call it "fully depress the brake pedal and hold it there for three seconds" instead. I understand it is a safety feature, but for me it is an irritating safety feature, and it is not a clutch after all.
You do get used to all those things and it seems natural :)

You can get the boot to close when you walk away too I’m pretty sure? Maybe.
I’ve had people try and pull the boot down and I’m like noooooooooioo haha

I dig being able to open and close it from inside the car..
The brake pedal duration is natural now too, or I just swipe.

I’ve had a couple of times where I’ve been lazy and haven’t swiped properly. I’ve trained myself to swipe until I hear the boobeeboo sound that means it’s changed gears rather than looking at the visuals.