Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stating a true fact is "racist"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he's upset because he had a post sent to Snippiness. (And it look to be a correct move, ftr.)

I had a post moved to Snippiness last week, for apparently no reason, as it was not a snipe or attack on anyone or any group.

It reflects very poorly on TMC that non-confrontational posts are pushed into the closet while trolls are continually allowed to insult people and sow ill will.

I had a post moved to Snippiness last week, for apparently no reason, as it was not a snipe or attack on anyone or any group.

It reflects very poorly on TMC that non-confrontational posts are pushed into the closet while trolls are continually allowed to insult people and sow ill will.
I've had more than one sent to Snippiness over the years :) ... some deserved, some not. "Was that my out loud voice again??"

In fairness to the mods who are trying to keep order when it's coming fast & furious, sometimes you only see the stuff when someone reports it. I used to leave notes when doing massive moves along the lines of 'apologies to any innocent bystanders who got swept up'.

Pre-Model S days, it was pretty tame here. You could leave the forum for half a day & there MIGHT be one or two new posts to look at. Now, it's impossible for any one person to read everything (well, not impossible, but you know what I mean). Plenty of inappropriate posts go unmoved if no one reports them. So if you see some of that stuff going on, report it. Then a mod can look at it quickly and do a cleanup if warranted.

In fairness to the mods who are trying to keep order when it's coming fast & furious, sometimes you only see the stuff when someone reports it. I used to leave notes when doing massive moves along the lines of 'apologies to any innocent bystanders who got swept up'.

I did start using the "Report" function after an exchange with Doug in another thread about why TMC abides trolls. This was in the aftermath of an incident where someone was banned only after they hinted that they would attack another forum member physically.

"Report" has been useless. I reported a post where the person jokingly advocated "gang rape" (see here: 2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action and the mods did nothing. If my post was moved and this one was not, I'd like to know why.

This is far from the only example. Frankly, I don't even know who specifically is to blame here, since there are different mods and obviously not all of them are around at the same time. However, the buck stops with the forum owners/ site head admins. They are IMO out of excuses.

Reactions: Black/Black MS