Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance M3s in stock - Raleigh NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It says it on the website for my VIN. My car is a 2020 Performance with 18 inch wheels, no spoiler, base brakes, and black pedals. The sales rep called it a "Stealth Performance."

97b1328cd0afb27a3c343a9ef93a40605fe3c4620964b086cdca131f0872a5d7.jpg

Many, many early P3D+s did not come with the spoiler attached.

And "that guy" is one of the most popular Tesla YouTubers around... :rolleyes:
His car registered with 250kph top speed which was the limit around the beginning of the year.

Around spring-summer Elon announced, and Tesla published, a software unlock to 260/155.

His car came went into the shop with 1 firmware and came out of it with a newer version. Mighty coincident.

Nothing there proves that that unlock is contingent upon having a spoiler, especially not YouTube popularity :)

His car registered with 250kph top speed which was the limit around the beginning of the year.

Around spring-summer Elon announced, and Tesla published, a software unlock to 260/155.

His car came went into the shop with 1 firmware and came out of it with a newer version. Mighty coincident.

Nothing there proves that that unlock is contingent upon having a spoiler, especially not YouTube popularity :)
Here's his video of maxing out the car pre-spoiler hitting 233 km/hr

You can see that he's not letting off the accelerator pedal but he's limited to 233.

And obviously, he dropped off the car and they didn't just laugh at him when he asked for the speed limit to be lifted...

edit --
And here's a video specifically about him talking about the speed restriction pre-spoiler (at 3:55):

Last edited:
Reactions: SigNC
My 7/19 build Stealth (Black exterior / WHITE interior — yaaay) was delivered with 18” all seasons and claims 162mph top speed although I’ve not yet confirmed in reality....

I have a 7/19 build too and I’m fairly certain we received a software update (late summer) that raised the top speed to 162. This was also discussed in a thread (whether or not you needed the spoiler) but I don’t recall which thread it was (it was one of the many m3p- threads).